Traditional Irish Musical Pub Crawl

(01) 475 3313

Traditional Irish Musical Pub Crawl Dublin Reviews

mainhart mainhart
REAL Traditional Irish Music & Drink Oct 12, 2009
The Dublin Musical Pub Crawl is a great experience that anyone who loves real music should appreciate. You meet at Gogarty's Pub (a very touristy place) and buy your 12 euros ticket. You can have a pint while you wait and listen to the good but touristy Irish music. The group then follows a pair of musicians to a more authentic Irish pub and sits in a reserved room, gets their pints, and listens to music and stories of Irish culture. The musicians are very funny and informative, and talented with their instruments. They make it very clear that you will NOT be hearing "Danny Boy" or "Molly Malone" on this crawl. After some time at the pub, we all walked to another pub and were further entertained. The evening gives you a real appreciation for authetic Irish music. You can't help but stomp your feet to the music (don't clap!). Afterwards you are encouraged to visit one the few authentic music sets happening in pubs in central Dublin. Not only is this evening a great way to see local musicians at their craft, but it's a nice way to meet people and enjoy your Guiness (which is only good in Ireland apparently).
AME079 AME079
Musical Pub Crawl May 20, 2005
My first time to Ireland I was told by friends I had to do the musical pub crawl (and if I did I had to bring back a CD for them they didn't buy it when the went and regretted it) So when I got to Dublin I did the Musical Pub Crawl and was very happy that I did.

It was a lot of fun. We walked to about 4-5 pubs they had areas reserved in each pub just for the pub crawl. The group of people taht went were from all over the world and different ages. We would get to a pub, if you chose to drink you can buy a pint at the bar then they would play different songs. Almost all of them were originals. And most of them were really funny. They also included the audience a lot so you were not just sitting there listening to songs it was interactive. They made the night fun and entertaining. I highly recommend it to anyone who is of age to drink :)

The night ended in a night club so you could stay and drink there the rest of the night if you want.

Be warned that you are walking on the cobblestone roads so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
X_Drive says:
It does sound like lots of fun! :D
Posted on: Feb 05, 2011