Trader's Vic

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Trader's Vic Abu Dhabi Reviews

mdfehmel mdfehmel
Polynesian Food in Abu Dhabi. Mar 06, 2013
This USED to be my favorite restaurant in the WORLD. A repeat visit recently (Feb 13) was pretty disappointing resulting in a drop to last place on my Faves List. Quality dropped a bit, although it is still a fun place to go. Had to review it sans pictures just so I could add it to my favorites list, but next trip to the U.A.E. will get some for the review. Everything about this place is fantastic. A small Global chain restaurant, Trader Vics was started after WWII after the Pacific troops returned from Hawaii and wanted to return to the Aloha attitude for the night. It is now in several locations across the globe; I go to the one in Abu Dhabi located in the Beach Rotana Hotel. They are famous for their Samoan fusion menu with the key entrees either smoked in their pit or in the wood fire oven, both of which can be seen from the main dining room. They are also famous for their tasty tropical cocktails, most notably the Mai Tai - I usually sample a few of those. With beef flown in daily from Australia, you are always in for a treat with the steaks. More to report after my next visit.

Check Abu Dhabi Hotel Deals