Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur Rates and Deals

Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur Reviews

RTW_Wannabe RTW_Wann…
Fantastic views of Petronas towers and amazing food! Oct 31, 2015
I stayed for 3 nights at the Traders Hotel. This was the first stop on a year long adventure around the world and my friend and I had been advised to spend the first few nights somewhere nice where we could get some rest and get over our jet lag before embarking on the rest of the adventure. I think that was very sound advice. The staff here cannot do enough for you, the service is excellent. We arrived early morning, about 10am and our room was ready straight away. We had booked a Traders Club room which is a bit more expensive but buys you access into the club lounge where you get served your breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails and 'snacks' all included in the price. I used inverted commas there as we made a meal of the snacks and hardly spent a penny, or rather a Ringgit on food whilst in KL. There was excellent choice available at breakfast, including omelettes, eggs benedict, french toast or pancakes cooked to order and all the food was amazing. I discovered sushi here and fell in love! There is a really cool bar upstairs called the Sky Bar which you need to reserve a table at on a weekend as it gets pretty busy.

The room itself was very comfortable, the bed was huge! The bathroom had both shower and bath and was very clean and luxurious. Housekeeping come daily and do a fantastic job. I would definitely come here again if I was stopping over in KL and I would spend the extra few £££ for a club room; it is worth it for the drinks in the evening alone let alone the food!
dyron_888 dyron_888
One of the Best Hotel in KL Jan 11, 2013
Traders Hotel is located in KLCC area which means in the heart of the Kuala Lumpur City.

It's one of the finest hotel which offers the best!

The pool overlooks the PETRONAS Tower! How is that!

The buffet breakfast is lovely, I love it so much with so many variety of selection from Asian to Western. I miss the smile of those who are serving, they really greet you at first name basis! They can recall you face, but of course I stayed here for 2 weeks. My company paid for it :)
Chokk Chokk
Great hotel and a stunning view Mar 25, 2013
I only booked this hotel for one reason and that was the view of the Petronas Twin Towers. The Petronas Towers are the twin skyscrapers in Kuala Lumpur, and they were the tallest buildings in the world from 1998 to 2004 until surpassed by Taipei 101, but they remain the tallest twin building in the world. I had wanted to go there for years and reading the reviews on TB told me that I had to stay at Traders and secure that I had view towards the towers, even though the room would be a bit pricy.

I took a taxi straight from the airport, which was fair priced given the fact that it was a ride that took close to an hour. I had hoped for better weather but it was the season of rain and rain there was. The taxi lets you of at ground floor of the massive hotel, and there is hordes of persons meeting you, and making sure that you get in the right direction.

The reception is on fifth floor and the service was impeccable; they found my reservation and gave a room on the 22nd facing the towers, they excused that they didn’t have a king size bed as I ordered but the housekeeper would arrange to move the twin beds together so it would be the same, and they guarantied that I wouldn’t feel the crack between the beds.

The room was nice, it was not as impressive as I had imagined given the price that I paid and the fact that is was located in Asia but it lived up the largest wish I had and it was facing the towers. I remember that the first thing I did was, I walked in without turning the light on, removed the curtains and sat down in the small sofa and just watched the Petronas until it knocked on the door and the housekeeper came to fix the beds. While the housekeeper did that I visited the Sky bar on the top floor of the hotel.

The Sky Bar was nice, but also quite crowded, there were loads of people and even a TV crew walking around taking pictures of some of the youngsters having loads of fun and being quite noisy. The bar was great and the view towards the towers from here was really nice. I loved the fact that the bar had a large pool in the middle. I stayed up there for a couple of beers and then walked back my room and found my two beds turned into one. It was getting late and raining so I did not feel like going out to eat, even in the hotels many different restaurants so I ordered some room service food. The food was really great and they even came and laid a table so I could sit and eat watching the towers trough my large windows.

I only stayed at the hotel for two days but it was an amazing hotel; especially the service was flawless. The location was terrific if you like me had a mission to be as close to the towers as possible. Yes the hotel was pricy but that comes with the territory. I was unlucky with all the rain while I was there because it also made the windows quite dirty on the outside and I had hoped to take some good photo shots of the towers but it was impossible.
The view from my room
The room
The room
hayley_phoon hayley_p…
Stunning View from my room Sep 16, 2012
What can i said about this hotel, hmmm overall i had a very comfortable stayed, i slept really well, the hotel service was very helpful and attentive. They greets us whenever they saw us, greets us as we walked out from the lift.

My room clearly see the spectacular view of the petronas tower, from day and night. I'm falling in love with the night view of the petronas tower, it's glowing in the night!

Trader hotels, they have a linking walkway from the hotel to Suria klcc and to the Pavillion, it's very convenience, also they do have the buggies sercive, from the hotel to the KLCC, every 30min each. So whenever you get tired of your walking, so stop and wait for the buggies to come over.

In this hotel, they have a indoor pool at the 33floor also there's a skybar on the same floor. so people gonna watched and looked at you when you're swimming. Or maybe some people got drunk and jumped into the pool, swimming with you. Never now :)

Have a pleasant stayed :)
The ground floor
The check in lobby is on the 5th f…
northlight says:
This and the Hilton are the two best hotels I have stayed at in KL. The views from the room are amazing and the service really good. Hopefully will stay here again one day! Last month I stayed at Double Tree which is also really nice and a little cheaper :)
Posted on: Apr 08, 2013
Kathmandu1 says:
I have noted this hotel in my list for my next visit to KL.
Posted on: Sep 16, 2012
Apurva_N Apurva_N
Chic hotel in the heart of KL's business district Nov 14, 2012
Traders Hotel is the quintessential conference and business hotel, with the adjoining Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (or KLCC as it is often called) located like an extension of it, though of course tourists and travellers too tread on it, and it has a few special things going for it. The hotel is luxurious and expensive - with the comforts and prices that you would expect from a starred hotel such as this, bang in the middle of KL's super-efficient 'Golden Triangle'. Best paid for by your conference organisers. You can walk indoors to the adjacent KLCC, or take a short stroll out to reach the Petronas Twin Towers and other assorted skyscrapers that house malls, banks, offices and hotels. The rooms are sumptuous, and so is the breakfast buffet, offering an extensive range of western and asian dishes. Some of the rooms offer a direct view to the Petronas Towers - they are naturally more expensive. City tours of Kuala Lumpur start from the hotel, and can be an efficient introduction to the city. The staff is attentive and helpful. And there is luggage storage, but only for those coming back to the hotel to stay. But the biggest draw of Traders Hotel is probably its famous Sky Bar, located on the top floor, that offers fabulous views of the Petronas Towers, low-seating around a long pool, and a choice of over-priced drinks and snacks. KL's trendy young ones come here to make out, as do hotel guests after their day is done. The place can thus get quite crowded, and finding a place to sit can be a challenge sometimes. The hotel, of course, has other dining and drinking options if you prefer, and is a stone's throw from many more in various price ranges.
Traders Hotel in the night
shafieq shafieq
Expensive but well worth it Sep 04, 2012
We recently had two more short stays in the Trader's hotel (total of 5 stays so far). We always get the room we booked - ie Tower View, and the staff are always attentive and alert to our needs. This is a hotel with the Trader's view of service - they try to make each guest feel special and valued. This is the only hotel we ever stay at in KL, and the tower view rooms have superb views of park and towers.

We ordered room service dinner - delivered like a fine dining experience, with plenty of little unexpected extras added and it was set up with white tablecloth etc. Thoroughly enjoyable, and the food was good!

We had a clubroom the second visit, and enjoyed the many extras this class of room brings (evening drinks, afternoon tea, breakfast in club lounge etc). Well worthwhile paying the extra.

Free buggy to the KL shopping centre runs every half hour or so
dougEfresh dougEfre…
Best Hotel for Single Laid Back Travelers Oct 14, 2012
I was referred to this hotel from a friendly local who knew the exact type of place I was looking for. I was travelling alone and I'm not big on the super fancy atmosphere. I've been to many luxurious 5 star hotels, but as a single traveler, I often make the mistake of booking a hotel that is specifically for couples(Shangri-La, Boracay). I also don't like to book hotels that are super fancy because I don't want the hotel security staring at me when I wear sandals and shorts through the lobby that has live classical music playing (Penninsula, Manila). Who says you have to be a couple and wear fancy clothes to enjoy 5 star service?

Traders hotel was perfect for me because it was clean, spacious, and had the best view of the famous Petronis Twin Towers. I stayed here for 2 weeks and enjoyed the pool on the roof, the nice gym with the amazing view, and the sky bar lounge on the top floor. The gym and the bar were the best hotel gyms and hotel bars I had ever visited.

The only negatives was that the Sky Bar only played techno music at night, and the reception desk always had a line.
nasa2009 nasa2009
Traders Hotel Jul 09, 2011
I stayed in Traders for 3 nights, it's brillaint hotel with a great view of Twin Towers opposite the hotel. If you want the view of the Twin Towers ask for Park View which will cost you extra £6 per night. There is a pool and a bar at the top of the hotel - popular with locals. Room - lovely size with nice bathroom, bed is firm and LCD telly. I am sure you will llike the hotel as it is new and everything is modern
jasonich jasonich
Traders Hotel - the perfect location Feb 19, 2011
Its adjuscent to the Petronas Twin tower & has the coolest bar in the city - Sky Bar at the 33rd floor. Look it up and be amazed!
dlacksheep dlackshe…
One of the best, if not THE best in KL! Feb 10, 2011
Highly recommended! We arrived in KL early in the morning. Checking in was very smooth, the reception (which is oddly located on a higher floor than the ground) was very pleasant. Check staff were very friendly and professional. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. All our requests were quickly addressed. Room was spacious. And the view - THE view was AMAZING! Looking out to Petronas Tower in my opinion is the one of the best views one can get while in KL. Super King Bed was very comfortable! High speed internet. Skybar was awesome!

I would definitely stay there again next time we head out to Kuala Lumpur!
View of the hotel across the park
Super comfy bed
View from the bed
MissJaneCA MissJane…
Affordable luxury hotel in the city May 18, 2010
If you are in KL for a conference or business meeting you can't get any more central location than this hotel. The guest room is modern and fresh although you won't be there most of the time as there's so much to do in the city. If you fancy shopping like I do the shopping center couldn't get any closer. You don't even need to exist the building as it's directly attached to the mall. The famous Petronas Towers are attached to the mall. So go get your free tour ticket ahead of time then come back and rest a bit because it's humid out! Oh and be sure to check out the roof top pool. You can sit at the bar and relax after your quick dip in the pool. The night view of the Petronas Towers is truly amazing!
BrightStar BrightSt…
Chic & Upbeat Stay in the Heart of Kuala Lumpur Nov 16, 2010
Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur is in the 'Golden Triangle'; walking distance to Petronas Twin Towers, KLCC park, few major shopping malls, etc. The hotel is situated in a rather peaceful area, in the vicinity of high-end local/expatriates' accomodation.

The transportation system is not good if you would like to go somewhere further - you've got to travel by taxi. Otherwise, you can actually travel by metro in the KLCC Shopping Mall.

I love the chic concept of the hotel - the simple and modernity look of the interior together with the approachable service and upbeat characters portrayed by the frontline staff.

The breakfast buffet offers wide selection of choices.

In the evening, one shall not miss the chance to enjoy time in the Skybar. Excellent view and cool place to hang out.

The hotel is highly recommended.
Debarchan27 Debarcha…
luxury Jun 24, 2010
Absolute 5 star luxury. I always stay here when in kuala lumpur. location is just opposite twin towers and you get amazing view from the rooms. You can go for a nice jog on the jogging track next to twin towers. The SPA is amazing too. There are buggy rides all day to SURIA KLCC, the shopping mall next door.

The rooftop SKYBAR is as amazing as it sounds with a swimming pool.You can soak in a jacuzzi and sip on that martini you always loved.

Excellen buffet breakfast/lunch/dinner. The concierge boys are very nice and they will help you get a cab to anywhere you want. My experience is the blue cabs they get you are very reasonably priced and comfortable as compared to the local ones. Also the hotel is close to KL central station so if coming from international airport and not much luggage you can always take the KLIA express train to KL Central and take a cab. While returning you can check in your luggage at KL Central and then take the train. Time to reach is just 29 minutes

In short its a perfect place for luxury trips
Glynnes says:
Posted on: Jun 24, 2010
LayFong LayFong
Good Location , near to KLCC. Dec 25, 2010
I stayed at this hotel last year in December. The main reason we selected this hotel is because of the ideal location to KLCC and the LRT station. Is about 10 - 15 mins walking distance from the Hotel to KLCC , where u will pass through the the nice park and the pond. Of cause, if you don't like to walk under a such hot sun, you can choose to take a free buggy with interval about 10mins.

I will recommend this hotel to my friend if they prefer to have good view of Petronas Twin Tower and KL City.

To travel to other places in the city, can choose to take LRT from the KLCC or take a taxi.
northlight northlig…
experience the best views in KL! Jun 29, 2010
From the second you walk into traders, you realise that your staying somewhere special. You already know this from its location across the park from the petronas twin towers. My expectations before I arrived were pretty high, and I can say that nothing about this hotel during my stay disappointed. I arrived a little early. Check-in is 2pm, and I got there approximately midday. They offered to take my luggage, which would be delivered to my room when it was available. While I waited for my room they suggested that I take advantage of their business centre. I could get free high-speed internet access here, which is very useful, and not all hotels will offer this. I returned to reception at 2pm to collect my room card, and my luggage was already on its way to my room. When I got into the room, the first thing I wanted to see was the view out the window. I booked a twin-towers view room. Something that I think is a must if your gonna stay in traders. One of the main selling points of this hotel is its superb location, and you should expect to pay extra for this. So when you make a reservation, be sure to get the best out of its location, by booking a twin-towers view room. The room itself has everything. Its very spacious, with a large bed, comfortable seating areas, and good sized bathroom. I really liked the overall look and feel of the room. Its very modern looking, and stylish, and I felt very comfortable during the time I spent relaxing, watching some tv, or using the wash room facilities getting ready for a night out in kuala lumpur. This brings me onto another cool feature of traders hotel, and a must visit, even if your not staying at the hotel. Sky Bar is situated on the 33rd floor. In the middle of the bar is a swimming pool, which is open during the day time hours. The bar is also open at this time, but it is at night when this place really comes into its own. When the sun goes down, and the city lights up, your in the best location in kuala lumpur to relax with a drink, talk to friends, and take in the spectacular views of the petronas towers. Sky bar is a very trendy place, and the drinks may be priced accordingly. But make sure you visit a least once, just for the views, and chilled out atmosphere. When you leave this hotel, you'll feel that you've experienced some of the best aspects of Kuala Lumpur. Everyone knows about traders, and maybe its the first place that is mentioned when you speak to other people about the best accommodation in the city. You will get everything that you expect when you stay here. That is good service, clean, modern, spacious rooms, the best facilities, and of course prime location. You'll pay more than other hotels to stay here, but its definitely worth it for the experience.
rph304 rph304
Easily my favorite hotel... Wonderful! Apr 16, 2010
I have so many good things to say about this hotel, I don't know where to begin!!!! :D Upon check-in, the courteous staff offers fresh juice while you wait... who does that? The room was fantastic... very large, clean, comfortable... the bathroom was magnificent... I really felt like I was in a 5-star hotel... the view was exceptional... the bar upstairs was nice, though I really didn't spend any time there - the hotel swimming pool was surrounded by a nice seating area overlooking the KLCC Mall and park/fountain in front of mall (as well as panorama of the entire city)... at night, the pool/seating area becomes a club/bar... last, but not least, is the included breakfast bar... UNREAL!!!! Countless bars with food ranging from sushi to fresh fruit to a chocolate bar... had pretty much every style of breakfast from around the world (chinese, english, thai, etc)... definitely something for everyone! If it is in your budget, and you plan on staying at a hotel rather than a hostel, you MUST stay here when you go to KL... it is one classy establishment!!!!
Lounge upstairs near pool
generator generator
Room with a view Oct 31, 2010
Good service,

Pool area & top bar are a must see.

rooms facing the twin towers offer a jaw dropping view.

Get a pass to the 33rd floor hospitality area when booking.

The ongoing construction on the building next door is a little tiresome.

The electric cart service to the twin towers is a great ammenity for Traders Hotel guests
bernard69 bernard69
We stayed only 2 nights in this TOP CLASS hotel last september.I had booked on their site for less than 200 euro(989 Myr with breakfast and tax for 2 nights) a Deluxe Parkview room offering stunning views on the Petronas towers from...our bed.

This quiet 32 sqm room had a contemporary decor with a range of amenities and facilities:complementary internet,electronic safe,iron,large writing desk,flat satellite TV..

The spacious bathroom had a separate shower,bathrobe,Premium toiletries and nice lighting.

The Kingbed with nice sheets was very confortable.

We had our 2 continental generous breakfast in the room.As we arrived late at night,we had on our room a tasty dinner with smoked salmon,roasted vegetables on the way of antipasti and fruits for 8 euro each.

On the top of the building there is an amazing pool and jacuzzi,a skybar,a spa with amazing views.

The location is great,near a nice park and 10 minutes walk from the Suria shopping center(the hotel provides a golf buggy shuttle).

The checking and checkout were very quick and professional and when we left the Traders by taxi,we were given by the doorkeeper its number in case of a forgetting!

the Traders
a spacious,quiet room with stunnin…
spacious bathroom with separate sh…
Premium toiletries and nice lighti…
melissawong says:
Great photos. Nice KLCC views
Posted on: Dec 06, 2009
sylviandavid says:
nice review...
Posted on: Oct 10, 2009
livingquist livingqu…
Best view on Petronas Towers and excellent service Aug 11, 2009
I booked this hotel for a 1 night stay at a Traders Club Park View room.

After arriving at 7:00 AM in the morning we had a very warm welcome form all the staff members.

Arriving so early was no problem at all and we where upgraded to an Executive Room so we did not have to wait for the official check-in time.

The Staff offered us to have breakfast while they where bringing our suit-cases to our room.

The view from the room was amazing!

Especially at night it looks stunning and very romantic.

The Club additions I would certainly recommend!

We did not even have to get Diner after enjoying all the small snacks/cocktails in the afternoon.

Furniture could use some polishing on some places but the amazing view and staff makes you easy forget this details and there should be always something to improve I guess ;)
Night view from Sky Bar!
Park Room view
Park Room view
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
An amazing 4 star hotel Dec 22, 2008
I stayed at the Traders hotel in Kuala Lumpur from Sunday 22nd of September until Friday 28th of September. I had room 3106 (which is on the club floor – meaning executive floor) and I had a room with a city view.

We arrived early in the morning and when you come into the reception if looks rather small. It turned out that this was just the concierge are and they guided us in a very polite way to the reception on the 5th floor. This is also rather small but the check in was fast and you can also get a check in on the club lounge on the 32nd floor if you have a room on an executive floor.

The room was located on the 31st floor and had a nice city view thru large windows. My colleague got a room with a park view and he had an amazing view straight to the Petronas twin towers…once the highest buildings in the world.

My room was pretty standard in size but it was easy to see that this was a hotel well above average once I came in. The floor featured a light, beige carpet and the beige walls were tastefully decorated with colourful art. By the window there was a nice 2 seat sofa and a funky looking armchair and a small table. The bed was KING size and there was a good, thin duvet and 4 pillows. It seemed like the pillows came in 2 different versions: firm and soft and that made it easy to sleep good at night. As most hotels there was air-condition in the room and everything was controlled by a panel on the wall.

The work desk had a great leather chair, plugs to charge the laptop, cell phone etc and a flat screen TV. There was a cable for connecting to the net but I used the wireless connection to hook up on the net and this was free for those staying in on the club floors. In the hall there was also a workstation setup if you needed a PC to work on and this was also connected to the internet. In connection with the desk in the room was a mini bar with soda, beer etc but also a water boiler with tea, coffee etc. I never got anything from the mini bar as I got 2-3 complimentary bottles of water each day.

The 2 closets had a number of hangers and there was also an ironing board and a steam iron. I was not that impressed by the iron but it was pretty cheap to get shirts pressed anyway. In the closet there were also a couple of bathrobes and slippers. The mini safe was placed in the one wardrobe.

The bathroom

The bathroom was tiled in beige and it featured a bathtub and a shower. A glass door in front served as splashing protection for both the bathtub and the shower. The shower featured a huge shower head and the water pressure was great. There were lots of amenities such as tooth brush, shaving kit, emery board, comb, shower cap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, bath salt etc. The make up mirror even had a light around the rim and there was anti fog function on the mirror. The sink was lit from below and the whole bathroom was well lit in general.

The room was so quiet by the way. Even if the hotel was fully booked I never heard anything from my neighbour, from people in the hall or from the city outside.

The club lounge

The club lounge on the 32nd floor is where we had our breakfast. This area was for the executive floor guests and even if the hotel was full it was never crowded there, They had a nice selection of fresh juice, fruits, yogurt, cereal (but I did miss the muesli), sushi, various hot dished ranging from beef bacon, sausages, sautéed mushrooms etc. A coffee machine provided pretty good coffee in various styles. I never did try the breakfast area on the 5th floor so I can’t really compare it. But it was very nice to have the breakfast in peace and quiet on the 32nd floor with an amazing view to the KLCC park and the Petronas twin towers.

Everyday they had complimentary drinks from 5.30 PM to 7.30 PM. During this time it was possible to get red wine, white wine, various kinds of stronger spirits, beer etc. In addition to this they had a nice selection of snack ranging from spring rolls, cheese, sushi etc.

There is a outdoor pool, skybar and spa on the 33rd and 34th floor. We never did get to try out the pool but it was a standard square pool with no fuzz. But at night it was pretty lively as the skybar was around the pool and once again there was a great view to both the KL Tower and the Petronas Twin towers.

The hotel has a pretty good location right in the KLCC park. This means that you are more or less in the convention center, a 10 minute walk from the Petronas twin towers and the Suria KLCC shopping mall etc. You can actually walk indoor all the way from the hotel to Suria KLCC. This might not sound like an important issue but if you are dressed up for work you might break out in a sweat if you choose to go outside in the hot and humid weather. The hotel also has a small shuttle bus to Suria KLCC throughout the day. The KLCC park features a 1.3 km track so if you want to workout it is a nice place to go jogging,

I have to admit that I loved staying at the Traders. I paid 330 RM (+17% tax) which is about 100 US dollars and for that I got a nice comfortable room, a staff that was very helpful and polite, a club lounge area where I could have breakfast and evening drinks, good location for working and sightseeing in KL etc. The only problem is that it is so fantastic that you might be tempted to just stay there instead of exploring the city itself and that it a shame. But fortunately I have been to KL 5 times and hence I have seen many of the sights so this time I could concentrate on working and just enjoying the hotel facilities. If you get a chance to stay at the Traders don’t hesitate…it is way above average and one of the best hotels that I have stayed at.
Pool at Traders
Bed at Traders
View from Traders lounge
View to Traders hotel from Petrona…
saltycoco says:

• Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes