Traders Hotel Hong Kong

Traders Hotel Hong Kong Rates and Deals

Traders Hotel Hong Kong Reviews

Lupobianco Lupobian…
Great value Apr 19, 2014
I stayed at The Traders in March 2014 on a business trip. Things started well as I was helped from the taxi and greeted warmly by the concierge who had been especially helpful when I had stayed in the past. He was right to say it had been a while since I had stayed – probably 12 months or more. Nice to be treated like a “frequent family member” after so long. Check in was completed smoothly by one of the very cheerful receptionists and ended with an upgrade to a harbour view Club Room on one the upper floors: Only staying a few days a year at Shangri-la properties this was an unexpected but welcome treat.

The room a good size for Hong Kong although a little smaller than you would find in mainland China.

The gym on the top floor has spectacular views across Victoria Harbour and out to Kowloon. Working out on the elliptical machine or the treadmill seems easier when watching the ferries and ships pass back and forth over Hong Kong’s “fragrant harbour” or watching a lightning storm forming and rolling over towards the island from the New Territories. There is also a pool on the top floor although this is closed during lightning storms and black typhoon warnings.

The restaurant on the second floor serves a good Chinese and Western breakfast buffet as well as having an a la carte menu. There is a small bar and coffee shop near reception. Room service is also available and includes the usual roster of club sandwiches and burgers.

Near the hotel is a walking track which will take you up to The Peak.

The hotel is about 10-15 minutes taxi from Central Station. Late at night there can be a long (30 minute) wait for taxis from the train. Connections to the rest of Hong Kong Island will improve when the MTR station opens later in 2014.
From the room
The room
The restaurant
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Modern but not the best location Aug 09, 2012
My wife and I had only one night in Hong Kong in connection with a trip to Korea from Europe. I chose Traders hotel in Hong Kong as I am a Golden Circle Jade member and there are some perks involved in that. We arrived quite late at the hotel as we had been a bit delayed and I had arranged for pickup from the hotel. This turned out to be a large bus that had to drop off a few other people before driving us to Traders hotel.

The check in was fast and we got a room “upgrade” – I had booked the cheapest room as we were only staying there for the night but we were upgraded to a room with a harbor view. The bed was more queen size than king size but then again hotel rooms in Hong Kong are a bit on the small side. There was also a desk with a chair, I got welcome gift due to my Jade membership, we got some complimentary water and there was a small fridge with some drinks. The room also included a wardrobe with a couple of robes, a small safe and iron/ironing board. The room itself was with a beige carpet and light walls and we had a view of the ocean but we didn’t see much of the main harbor as that was blocked by other skyscrapers.

The bathroom was tiled and in light colors. It featured the same amenities that I’m used to when staying at Traders in Kuala Lumpur and there was a bathtub with a shower option (by using a shower curtain).

We had breakfast at Cafe508 on the lower levels. The breakfast did include most of the stuff that you want for breakfast but maybe we came just after the main rush as it seemed pretty empty and “dirty”.

Located on Queen’s Road West it is not the ideal location of a hotel. The hotel is on Hong Kong Island and a bit west of the center. Both my wife and I had problems getting our taxi drivers to drive us to the hotel even if we tried to say the name of the road. I was on Queen’s Road central and ask my driver to continue west as I knew the road would turn from Queen’s Road Central to Queen’s Road West and the taxi driver just suggested hotels along the way. But note that it is not far to walk to the nearest tram stop and from here you can take the tram to get on the subway. Taxi can be expensive in Hong Kong as it seems like the passenger has to cover the toll when driving through the tunnels from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island.

I’m not sure that one night at a hotel gives you enough inside to make a good review. But the bed was comfortable and room was nice but I think I would pick a more centrally located hotel if I was going to spend many days in Hong Kong.
The bed was comfy but not a true k…
A small flat screen TV
A water boiler and some compliment…
A small fridge
frasierc frasierc
Affordable Mar 07, 2011
This place has since been acquired by the Shangri-la group but about 1-2 years ago it was still the Hotel Jen.

At that time the place was cold and sterile. The bathroom was dark and old in appearance.

The bedroom carpet was dirty looking.

The breakfast was nothing to write home about.

However, the location is fantastic given the relatively low rates.

Traders Hotel Hong Kong Overview

Situated nearby the Victoria Harbor, the Traders Hotel Hong Kong is within the Chui Chow District, where guests will find a number of traditional ethnic shops, markets, and dining establishments. Other nearby attractions of this Hong Kong hotel include the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center, the Citygate Outlets, Causeway Bay, Soho, Stanley Market, the Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal, the Cat Street Galleries, and AsiaWorld Expo. The Traders Hotel Hong Kong is within minutes of a railway station, an airport expressway station, and a ferry terminal. The Hong Kong International Airport is approximately thirty minutes away by car.

Guests will find that the two hundred eighty rooms of the Traders Hotel Hong Kong offer such amenities as high-speed Internet access, flat screen satellite television with on-demand movies, in-room safes, work desks, minibars, coffee and tea makers, hairdryers, and irons and ironing boards.

The Traders Hotel Hong Kong offers an array of amenities, such as a swimming pool, a number or restaurants, 24-hour reception, a valet dry cleaning service, a conference room, and a business center.

Traders Hotel Amenities

• Exhibit Space
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels