Toyoko Inn Nagasaki Ekimae

Check Nagasaki Hotel Deals

Toyoko Inn Nagasaki Ekimae Reviews

eejot eejot
Convenient location Sep 01, 2008
This was my first Toyoko Inn experience. The last time I went to Japan I had no room booked in advance and ended up paying quite a bit for something last minute.

A lesson learned.

So this time I had read about Toyoko Inn in a semi-trusty guidebook, and thought I'd give them a go.

The price wasn't too bad for Japan at around 5500 Yen for a single. More than I'd like to pay, but better than what I paid last time.

The rooms are pretty tiny, with an even smaller tv and an oversized bed. Free internet in the lobby, laundry machines (pay for), and free breakfast consisting of rice, miso soup, and coffee or tea. Not a bad way to start the day.

My biggest problem was the 10am check-out time.. I usually like to leave my bag in my room, do a quick morning walk around, come back and relax a bit, then check-out and explore more in the afternoon. But 10am meant I had to get out, throw my bag in a locker at the train station and then walk around.. Not a big difficulty, but an extra 300Y I could've used elsewhere.

The staff in Nagasaki were friendly and nice, but I found out that my Japanese was maybe as good as their English. This is something I personally don't care about, because I don't expect people to speak English - but this is something that may concern some travellers... You know who you are!

Nice location, a few minutes walk from the JR Station, basically next to the tram and bus stops, and close enough to walk to many of the major areas.

Good value for money in an otherwise expensive country for a tourist.

Check Nagasaki Hotel Deals