Towns Well Hotel

No 6-6A Calcada das Verdades, Macau, Macau
www.townswellhotel.com - +853 2835 6868

Compare Macau Hotel Rates (1.3km away)

Towns Well Hotel Macau Reviews

lanieinthesky lanieint…
All is Well at Towns Well Hotel but.. Feb 10, 2014
Location is just perfect! It’s right in the heart of San Ma Lo. The room was surprisingly big. I expected it would be really small knowing Macau is a small country. I also remember how tiny our room was in Hongkong and Singapore. So this was such a pleasant surprise. The toilet is neat, with hot water of course. Two double beds with thick blankets. There’s a wardrobe with a full body mirror. Water boiler for coffee. Mugs. Tv. Free bottled water daily. Housekeeping is okay. We had a huge window facing the street. There’s a ceiling-mounted air-conditioning which we never used, not once. It was so damn cold that time.

For security purposes, they have to update key cards every day. On our first night going back to our room at 3rd floor after a day’s exhausting tour, I was kind of pissed off I had to go back to the hotel lobby because our key card won’t work. I thought it was a shortcoming from them. The next day, it happened again. I had to go down the lobby again. The third night, to save me some energy should they missed updating our card again; I went to the lobby first for an update. Luckily, it was a Filipino guy on the front desk and he explained that they do update the key on a daily basis. The lady didn’t explain it.

That was the only downside of our stay. It is very hard communicating with them Chinese receptionist and housekeeping even though we speak good and clear English to them. And so even if we wanted to ask for instructions on our destination, we did not bother asking them. We encountered the Filipino guy only once. Perhaps his schedule is very late at night.

It’s a normal inconvenience anyway. Truth is we inconvenience ourselves traveling. We went to a Chinese country, so I guess we had to deal with it. It could be the same if we travel to Japan, France or Russia. But it should be understood as well that a hotel serves guests from the different sides of the world. It should be a given that the hotel’s receptionist will be dealing with all of them. Might as well hire an English fluent receptionist.

Oh, before they let you check-in, they will ask for 300$ HK/Pataca as a bond, so be sure to have Patacas/HK$ in your wallet. They are kind of firm with their policies. One tourist had to go outside the hotel to look for a money exchange because she has not enough Patacas in her wallet even though she asked to be checked-in to her room first so she could get settled and give them the amount later. No, they won’t let her check-in, even though she has paid for her room. This bond is kind of Greek to me, because it’s my first time to encounter it. . They will return it to you anyway upon check-out.

Upon payment of the bond, they will give you a copy of the receipt. They keep the original. Be sure you won’t lose it. No receipt, no 300$ pataca/HK. That’s a lesson we learned. When we’re about to check-out and all cleared up, we asked for the amount back as promised. The lady asked for the receipt. My boyfriend lost it. We couldn’t find it. He probably threw them away with all the tissues in his pocket. Oh yes we’ve been careless. But it’skindof unfair not for them to return that money.

We already showed our passports. It was us who paid the amount. She has a record of it of course. The receipt she gave us was only a copy. She has the original with our name on it. She also knew it was us. She was the receptionist when we checked in. It was just crazy and unreasonable. She would not return the amount without the receipt. We had to just let it go.

By the way, before we left the room, I checked it thoroughly to make sure we don't have any stuff left in the room. I took a peek under the bed & deym it was so dusty with some candies & pieces of paper beneath it.
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
lanieinthesky says:
yup the check-out was pretty frustrating. losing the ticket & not getting the 300HK$ bond back :)
trippin_jen says:
Sounds troublesome and frustrating...
Posted on: Apr 17, 2014

Compare Macau Hotel Rates (1.3km away)

Macau Map