TownePlace Suites Raleigh Cary/Weston Parkway

TownePlace Suites Raleigh Cary/Weston Parkway Rates and Deals

TownePlace Suites Raleigh Cary/Weston Parkway Reviews

effortlesszenist effortle…
How my Innocent Debit Card was Raped at the Marriott Town Place! Aug 22, 2010
Beware, Marriott Town Place in Cary, NC will literally rape your debit card while you sleep!

The hotel is nice, the front desk staff (Nadia and Dale) are very nice... the cleaning crew is very unhappy from being exploited, but, do a good job.

This hotel has two huge flaws, called Kevin Taylor (The manager) & Supervisor Joan who watches the managers. Marriott allows for unauthorized debit card fraud! That's right. My debit card fell victim to runaway theft and there was nothing I could do.

I checked in and used my debit card to hold for six night and it cost $604, they charged my card $759 (That's cool). Then I requested to stay 4 more night and they charged another $484 (Sound about right). Then I checked my debit card account that had $2300 on it and the morning of the seventh day I had over $2800 charges on my sweet innocent debit card. I had already paid $604 in full and only owed $104. They also had a $1050 hold on my card, so, why did they charge my card $2800 for a $104 charge?

In the middle of the night my debit card was raped, violated and left in a ditch. Keep in mind, I only owed Marriott $104. They charge your card when you reach $500... I hadn't reach the $500 limit, yet and I only owed $104?

I called manager Kevin Taylor and he was rude, arrogant and terrible! He said he didn't charge my card, but, the assistant manager said dear Kevin charged my card without my knowledge or authorization. Keep in mind, they already had $1050 authorized on my poor innocent debit card. My card never hurt a soul.

For some strange reason, my checkout date was four days away, but, the pillaging of my my debit card had just began. By Friday morning, the eighth day, dear old Kevin had additionally tried to charge another $1590 on my poor sad and raped debit card... bringing the total to $3320 in charges for a $104 amount that I owed? Keep in mind, Marriott already had an authorized hold of over $1050 on my card and I only owed $104.

Not one person called me for permission or took my card out for dinner and dancing. We were both violated in the night. I called Marriott's corporate office and dear Joan the supervisor was so so angry with dear old Kevin Taylor. She was going to take care of this situation immediately and call me in the morning. She was going to shoot off a letter and nip this in the bud. Well, she never called me, never returned my calls and her staff completely lied to me--and then I understood how Kevin Taylor was born. Horrible companies always give birth to horrible employees! Mystery solved. Joan told me that it wasn't Marriott's policy to charge your card the way dear old Kevin Taylor did. They charge maybe $50 over, not $2800 over? Also, Marriott has to have authorization prior to charging your card?

Do you think they treated me and my card so poorly because I'm African American? Kevin then tells me I have to leave the hotel, even though they have $1050 of my money and I only owed $104?

Because of the terrible service, debit card fraud and lack of professionalism of both the manager and supervisor--I checkout early and they tried to force charge another $1500 and I only owed $200 dollars and they still had my $1050 deposit on my sweet innocent debit card. I don't think my card will ever recover.

DO NOT NOT NOT STAY AT THE MARRIOT IN CARY, NC ON 120 SAGE COMMON WAY. I'll never use a debit card at any of the Marriot Hotels or affiliates. Why? You will not be saved if your card is raped. Not by a manager, supervisor or Mr. Marriott himself. My bank will return all the funds to my card, why? I have the bill that proves I've paid my bill!!! I owed them $800, not $3320 for 8 days.

Now, I'm staying at the modest Extended Stay Deluxe where they are honest and don't require a credit card or debit card.... they love hard cold cash. They do business the old-fashioned way, the right way. I will leave the light on for you at Extended Stay Deluxe. Oh, Extended Stay is half the price of Rape me by candlelight Marriott.
effortlesszenist says:
Thanks Paul. Sorry about the misspellings, can't edit once review is sent. Lesson learned.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2010
paul-joseph says:
Thank for sharing your comments with us, Arie Love.
We should be more careful all the times.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2010

TownePlace Suites Raleigh Cary/Weston Parkway Overview

The TownePlace Suites Raleigh Cary/Weston Parkway is situated along Interstate 40. The hotel is nearby the UNC Chapel Hill, Carter Finley Stadium, Booth Amphitheater, RBC Center, North Carolina State Fairgrounds and the Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion. An array of dining venues is also nearby.

There are 97 suites at the TownePlace Suites Raleigh Cary/Weston Parkway. These are furnished with cable/satellite televisions, free wired Internet connections, ironing equipment, work desks, sofa beds, full kitchens and telephones with voicemail features. Private bathrooms come with hair dryers, showers and bathtubs.

The TownePlace Suites Raleigh Cary/Weston Parkway offers business guests with copy and fax services. This four-storey hotel also provides an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, vending machines, safe-deposit boxes, laundry facilities and dry cleaning services.

TownePlace Suites Raleigh Cary/Weston Parkway Amenities

• Desk
  • Facsimile
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower