Tour Iceland and Excursions within Iceland

Fiskislóð 77, Reykjavik, Iceland - +(354) 517 8290
 Tour Iceland and Excursions within Iceland - Thingvellir
 Tour Iceland and Excursions within Iceland - Thingvellir
 Tour Iceland and Excursions within Iceland - Nesjavelli Geothermal Power Plant, Iceland 2010
 Tour Iceland and Excursions within Iceland - Iceland Excursions
 Tour Iceland and Excursions within Iceland - goofing around at Gullfoss
 Tour Iceland and Excursions within Iceland - Geysir
 Tour Iceland and Excursions within Iceland - our bus

Tour Iceland and Excursions within Iceland Reykjavik Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
easy way to travel without driving Oct 09, 2010
I wanted to do the Golden Circle Tour, but didn't want to drive or try to coordinate schedules and rental cars with the 5 other Travbuddies I'd be meeting in Reykjavik. This turned out to be a good option for all of us. For 55 Euro, we spent the day driving to the main sights along the Golden Circle Tour.

We all booked this tour through and were pleased with the service. The excursion company will pick you up at your hotel, or you can take a bus or taxi from the airport directly to the main office. I got a voucher emailed to me when I paid and I exchanged the voucher for a tour ticket at the main office. I hopped on the bus and away we went.

Our tour guide was German, but had moved to Iceland, so he spoke English for the main tour, German through a headset for Germans, and Icelandic to the bus driver. We hit all the main stops, including Thingvellir, Gullfoss, Geysir and others. While driving between sites, the guide spoke on the history, geology and culture of Iceland. It was very interesting, but I admit I dozed off a few times (jet lag!).

The tour was very structured and scheduled and I wished we had more time at some sites. We made a couple of scheduled coffeeshop/souvenir shop stops that we could have skipped.

For the price, I would say taking the Golden Circle Tour was an excellent choice. I had limited time here, didn't know my way around, and was traveling with 5 others that I just met that morning. In addition, the guide gave us invaluable information we would not have gotten if we drove ourselves.
Main office of Iceland Excursions
goofing around at Gullfoss
Africancrab Africanc…
Your Iceland adventure begins with booking the tours Oct 09, 2010
Iceland is an expensive country, so when people talk reasonable, they are still talking above average price for everything. Iceland like all countries of the world is suffering from the effects of the global financial meltdown. But it has made it affordable for travel for many who would otherwise not afford to go visit this beautiful country. Mark and I, decided to book the Golden Circle Tour as part of the activities of our visit beside the Northern Lights and the Blue Lagoon.

We booked our tour online using Tour Iceland (TOUR*IS), which apparently is part and parcel, or an enterprise partner of Iceland Excursions. You will find that most of the tour companies are part and parcel of the main Iceland Excisions, one way or another.

This review is long coming, but I wanted to commend the service we got, and especially for the well informed, confident and charming tour guide and his driver. I felt like I was back in history class, yet I was also apart of that history at the same time. Our guide spoke 6 different languages, but used only English and German since the passengers spoke mostly the two. He of course was Icelandic and is fluent in his language, but the fluency with which he spoke both English and German was impressive.

The bus was very comfortable, and the scheduled stops we had made the tour more enjoyable. They were time conscientious, and as planned we were back in Reykjavik by 5:00 pm, having left at 8:00 am.

You can book all tours through them. Unfortunate for us, the time of year was not conducive to go see the Northern Lights. We did go to the Blue Lagoon, but we used other means.

highly recommended for day tours, tour packages, and custom tours.

Here is the website link

Address: Fiskislóð 77, IS-101 Reykjavik
Nesjavelli Geothermal Power Plant,…
Iceland Excursions
world-traveller123 says:
Africancrab says:
Yes indeed, we did have a great trip.
Chokk says:
Well - It was more expensive for me as a solo traveller but for you guys it would have been cheaper.
What is important is that you had a great trip - and it looked like it for sure.

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals