Touchstone Hotel - City Center

Touchstone Hotel - City Center Rates and Deals

Touchstone Hotel - City Center San Francisco Reviews

RIGAS RIGAS
Like! Aug 29, 2013
San Francisco was my last "station" after 22 days in USA and 3 days at Toronto. Accomodation in USA is very expensive. I stayed in hostels(with single room) at NYC, BOSTON and Chicago.

I was little tired from hostels, so i decided to spend some money more than average at SFO. I booked this hotel for 745us dollars without 14% taxes and 1,50 city tax, for 5 nights (single room, because i'm solo traveller).

I used mini bus from airport to my hotel, so driver leave me exactly out of the Touchstone hotel. I must wait about 1 hour because my arrival was earlier from official check in. At reception was a very sympathetic woman from Sweden. When i was ready for entrance to my room, i saw a room as i expected! Double big bed, clean, and big TV. Bathroom was small but never mind. It was as the photos from booking.com. The location of

Touchstone hotel is simply perfect! Only 2 minutes by walk to Union square. The traditional tram (Powell and Mason street), is only 3 minutes walk by hotel. Tram transfer tourists to the Fisherman's wharf, the place with the decades restaurants, souvenirs shops and the piers. Golden gate park is about 40minutes by walk from the hotel. Almost every day i used my foot for Fisherman's wharf. The distance is about 30 minutes and this is because SFO is a strange city with many uphills and downhills. Around Touchstone hotels there are many boutiques for shopping and decades food restaurant and pub. The location is magic. I recommend this hotel to all for staying!
RIGAS says:
The price depends from the period May....i travelled high season at SFO(end June). For example 3 months later (November), the price for this hotel is only 75euro per night...
RIGAS says:
Yes May....745 for 5 nights (single room)...
cotton_foam says:
US$745.00???!! whoa!!
soliel soliel
perfect location, perfect place Oct 26, 2013
I stayed here on a solo trip for 3 days.

Upon arrival the staff were very accommodating and organised to have my room ready early, I was able to leave my bags and spent a few hours strolling the nearby streets.

The best thing about this hotel is the location and the cleanliness, I found it a very easy place to stay-everything I needed was only a 5 minute walk away! close to the cable car :) fisherman's wharf is just a ride away.

The room size is a little bit small but is perfect for somewhere to sleep and quiet.

There is a nice café attached to the hotel and reception staff are very friendly and helpful with organising tickets for tours/buses etc

One tip for staying in San Fran-SUNSCREEN and lots of it!
my comfy, clean room!
Doninseattle Doninsea…
Great Cheap hotel in San Francisco, Ca Jun 12, 2011
I stayed here fro a few days while in town for the Bay to Breakers run. I got in to town much earlier than the usual check in and was hoping that I could check in early. The room wasn't ready yet but they let me leave my luggage and offered to call when the room was ready. I could have worse opions than to stroll around San Francisco on a sunny afternoon so that was not a problem. A couple of hours later, they called as promised and I headed over to check in. I was a bit worried when I first showed up because the front desk clerk kind of lowered my expectation on the overall quality of the room but when I open the door, I was greeted by a perfectly pleasant, sunny room. Comfortable beds, Flat screen TV, etc. Absolutely nothing wrong with the room, especially for the price of about $90 a night. The front desk clerks were very nice and they had a plate of fresh chocolate chip cookies every time I walked through the small lobby.

In my rush to get to the airport, I left behind my expensive GPS watch and got a text a couple of days later, before I even knew I forgot it, saying that they had it and would send it to me. We exchanged info and for no service charge beyond the Fed Ex charge, the watch showed up a couple of days later.

The neighborhood was fine bordering Union SQ district and the Tenderloin. We had no problems.

The only downside is that the rooms facing Geary get a bit loud at night.

I will stay there again, next year.

Touchstone Hotel - City Center Overview

At the pleasant 2 star Touchstone Hotel-City Center, you will be located in San Francisco's Union Square, surrounded by famous restaurants, luxury hotels, high-end galleries and exciting night life. Nob Hill, North Beach, Chinatown and the Moscone Convention Center are a leisurely stroll from our doors. A short 2 min walk will take you to Union Square, which offers some of the most sophisticated shopping on the West Coast. The famed Cable Cars are close enough for you to hear rumble by. The Touchstone Hotel-City Center offers 44 rooms blending old-world charm, new-world convenience and small-world comfort. Simply but pleasantly decorated and equipped with organic toiletries and complimentary bottled water. All rooms have their own en-suite bathroom. Internet is available throughout the hotel at no charge. There is an original 1950's deli/cafe adjacent to the hotel. Hotel guests receive a 25% discount coupon. The hotel provides a left luggage office and valet parking service at extra cost for 24 hours with unlimited in-and-out privileges. The Touchstone Hotel-City Center is very close to the city's efficient public transportation (25 min train ride from SFO). Great central location for this budget San Francisco hotel! This description is based on information provided by the hotel.

Touchstone Hotel - City Center Amenities

• Shops
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower