Toto's Pizza House

Lygon Street, Melbourne, Australia

Toto's Pizza House Melbourne Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
Not one of the best pizza along Lygon Street. May 02, 2010
Lygon Street, the famous street in Melbourne for its Italian restaurants and gelatos. The street is lined on both sides with those!

You would be spoilt for choices and be confused with which one to enter! Further down Lygon Street, you would notice there are more people patronising these restaurants.

Toto's is located on the first few before the busy restaurants. This restaurant claimed to be the first pizzeria in Australia. I read it in one of the travel guidebooks in the library and it was being mentioned. I took note of it and went there when we were visiting Melbourne.

The service was alright, the server was a rather impatient that he couldn't listen attentively to what my guy was ordering. He was a little rude too saying that we were talking at the same time, which wasn't true. Even if it was true, he should keep that to himself, be nice and patient and ask the customer to kindly repeat.

We ordered, one medium size Capriciosa and one medium size Toto's the Lot. Had two glasses of Raspberry fizz drink too.

When the pizzas were served, I got what I had ordered but my guy got the wrong order (he didn't know but I noticed). My guy got the Toto's Special instead of Toto's the lot. The differences were the Special didn't have prawns and other ingredients. I told him, check the receipt when you make payment and that they do not overcharge you. Toto's the lot cost more than Toto's Special.

The pizza tasted alright except that the olives were too strong and salty (first time having such strong-tasting olives). Wasn't to my likings and it was VERY filling. Usually I would be able to finish this size of pizza but this one, after first two slices and I was already stuffed but I managed to finish all. I guess, if the pizza was really good...I wouldn't hesitate. Somehow I felt and knew that this wasn't the best tasting pizza I had ever had.

For all of you Toto's pizza fans/supporters disagreeing with me, that is alright. I'm just someone who knows my tastebuds and appreciate whatever I eat (even when it isn't good, I try to finish it because I don't want my money and food to go to waste. If it was really awful, then too bad). I appreciate very well for good service. Served with a smile and thank you :) I'm already happy with those.

It is obvious how I would rate this restaurant...not too bad pizza but not the best that I'd ever tasted. Expensive too.

Check Melbourne Hotel Deals