Toto's House

Check Ayutthaya Hotel Deals

Toto's House Ayutthaya Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Toto's House Apr 28, 2013
Toto’s House is in the few blocks of the city where all other Guest Houses are. Few other hotels and guest houses around the railway station give you all budget options in town. It is not that I am looking for more foreigner’s faces in this beautiful land, but it is very convenient to be in the area where things are geared towards tourist. Toto’s is very much a backpacker’s guest house, and I choose it for that look and feel.

Building is surrounded with other guest houses, right at the entrance of the alley. It is the only one without big sign, made all of wood, and has beautiful ivy(must be some kind of ivy or rose… but I am not sure) awning that covers whole front area of the building including pavement. That greenery was what attracted me the most, and few makeshift tables that nested under it. I simply imagined breakfast and chill out time under leafs and a cold beer in my hands (or coffee for the breakfast sake) and attraction was too strong to resist. Guest house is run by the family and they are very open, friendly and talkative. I was hungry like wolf and as soon as I got there I ordered whatever my cravings told me to and went for the huge coffee. Food is good and tasty but you should be aware that it is cooked slowly and that it takes at least 30 minutes to make anything, but if you are in peace with the setting, harmony will be fulfilled with the meal. Bottom part of the guest house is open, with low ceiling (watch your head) and that is reception, cooking and eating area. There are two floors with rooms, and they have variety of accommodation that you can choose from. I was alone in this movie, so I got a small single room with good bed and strong fan. I did not need anything else, and price of 150b was just right for me. There is free WiFi in whole house, good strength and nonstop service. Bathroom and showers are communal, very clean, working well, but no hot water (you don’t need it anyway).

In the front of the house there stands row of bikes all colors and shapes (but mostly old school) which you can rent for a small fee of 40b per day. Ayutthaya lies on the flat area, so riding a bike is super easy and good way to go around. Only set back was incredible heat and sun that wanted to parch me out on that bike… but litters of cold water and stops at many Wat’s and ruins helped me fight that heat.

When I got back to the guest house owners and few other locals were just hanging out laughing and trying to destroy content of whiskey bottles on the table (that task they completed with full success). Of course I joined them and had lots of fun and enjoyable talks.

If you are coming by railroad, do not take tuk-tuk, but just walk into the street in the front of the station and in 70m you will get to ferry which costs only 4b and it will take you to the city. Toto’s is some 500m walk from there. Tuk tuk will cost you around 100b.

Check Ayutthaya Hotel Deals