Tortilla Flats

The street next to the sea, Dominical, Costa Rica

Tortilla Flats Dominical Reviews

charlesgray charlesg…
Acceptably clean, super simple, friendly surfer crash pad with surprisingly good restaurant and bar Jul 12, 2011
Let me be clear, this is not a 'four star' hotel, I'm just giving it four stars for being what it is and nothing else...and that's a very affordable (it was cheap enough that I don't even remember how much we paid), acceptably clean (sheets are thin, mattresses old, bathroom small...but everything was clean) extremely well-located hotel in a quiet little surfer town in Costa Rica. This hotel is literally across a sandy road across from the beach.

No air conditioning, no hot water (at least ours didn't work), no television etc....but if you need any of that you may be in the wrong town anyway. Actually, the AC would have been nice since we were there mid summer but you'll live through it. It's a bit loud, try to stay in the building away from the 'main road'.

The bar / restaurant attached is totally decent...surprisingly so honestly. Rooms double lock and are safe enough...I think they may have even had a security guy at night (not sure).

Oh yeah...they also have very good wifi from the restaurant.
flyerr88 flyerr88
Awesome Jul 31, 2008
I was only in Dominical for 3 days while traveling through Costa. I had the calamari over linguini while eating a the flatts and it was awesome. We met a woman named Caroline who worked there and the atmosphere and everything was awesome. I loved this place and we had a blast.
Higton Higton
Feb 19, 2007
Just a hundred metres or so down from the beautiful old hostel is Tortilla Flats, an American owned restaurant and cabina set up. It has an open bar with a big screen TV (had Spanish subtitled Star Wars 3 on one time) and seating for about 30 odd. Nice little place, relatively reasonable with some good food.

Breakfasts were big enough for a days surfing ahead and free refills for coffee (even when I went back for lunch). The evening meals were also good - the fish nicely cooked and plenty of chips. :) The annoying people opposite me (loud, brash, fat, etc) had the lobster which looked really good. I say "the" lobster, of course they ordered two each. Insane, they took one home with them. I just don't get gluttony.

Good place though.