105 North Union Street, Alexandria, VA, USA
(703) 838-4565

Torpedo Factory Art Center Alexandria Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
A Collection of Great Artists under one Roof Jun 20, 2012
We went through three floors of studios and art galleries show casing works ranging from sculptures, pottery, wood work, water paintings, Oil on canvas, metal work, What was even more exciting was that we could see the artists at work. This is visual art at its best. This was of course not a planned stop as we were merely going to the marina to see if we could go on a boat ride.

You can literally walk in there, and purchase an original art piece signed by the artist. Great place to fin art that is personal and speaks to you alone. Some of the artists included Matthew Johnson, Susan Finsen, Chris Erney and Jim Steele. With almost 85 working studios, 2 workshops and 5 galleries, it could be the largest in the United States (don't quote me on that).

I found it visually and intellectually engaging. Unfortunately we arrived fifteen minutes before closing, so we were unable to go through most of the studios since they were already closing. We were able to look through the large glass windows to each studio, gallery and workshop.

I recommend this stop for art lovers, it is a great adventure.
Africancrab says:
Andrea, I know what you mean. I now try to see things closer to me first before I venture further out. Thanks for taking a look.
westwind57 says:
nice to see such a variety of art under one roof :)
missandrea81 says:
I never went inside of this. I lived so close. Goes to show you that one never appreciates the things that are right next to you.

Check Alexandria Hotel Deals