Toronto Island Park

Toronto, Canada

Toronto Island Park Reviews

-Squar3s- -Squar3s-
Spend a day at Toronto Island Park Jan 19, 2012
After having written 5 reviews, forgive me if I make some mistakes in English, and feel free to tell me if you see something wrong!

After this apology, I felt it inside lol, and before I go to sleep, I'll bring you a cheap adventure that you and your family can enjoy while you're in Toronto.

First of all, may the good weather be with you, my young padawan. The first time I arrived to Canada, it was around January. My first thought? I was playing volleyball at the beach 2 days ago in Spain, short trousers, shirtless ( nothing special though...) and I found myself with a -20ÂșC that slapped me in the face not once nor twice, but 5 times! WELCOME TO TORONTO MY FRIEND. I felt every slap, indeed I did...

The cold weather slapped my beautiful face for almost 4 months since I arrived there, but then, the sun appeared, and with him, the good weather. Since my visit ( I had to ) to the CN Tower ( I forgot my camera that day... shame on me.) I saw that island in front of the city and kept me wondering how and when to visit it.

So I had my chance around May, I met some friends and we went together. We took the ferry after waiting almost 1 hours and 20 minutes in the queue line. But it was worth it. The island reminded me of Central Park. A huge "park" with ducks, families, kids playing... You can rent a bike there, and go all over the island.There'ree wide paths so both riders and pedestrians can walk without problem. The best part of it is that you even have beaches there, so if the weather is really nice, you can try and swim, go fishing, sail...

So my last advice of the day, if you are around T.O, and don't know what to do. Either find a place to avoid the slap of the cold winter or go to the island and spend a wonderful day!

Go Canucks!!

PS: I put Average price because not only I had to take the ferry, but I also rented a bike there.
A Mexican hand showing where to go.
Toronto skyline.
Eric says:
Great review, thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Apr 21, 2012
Theresa1101 Theresa1…
Scenic skyline and nice beaches Jun 27, 2011
The Toronto Islands are definitively worth a visit - espacially in the summer.

Ferrys leave from Bay Street/Queens Quay, I think it's 6.75$ for adults to go back and forth (Students or up to 19 is 4$). The Islands offer a nice escape from the big city, some beautiful beaches and view to Lake Ontario on one side as well as a beautiful view upon the Skyline of Toronto.

In the summertime the Centreville Amusement Park is open, you can rent bikes to take a ride over the Islands (highly recommended!) and everyone just comes over to barbecue, play baseball or diskgolf, go kayaking and swimming.

Check Toronto Hotel Deals