Topspot Food Court

Jalan Bukit Mata Kuching, Kuching, Malaysia

Topspot Food Court Kuching Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Topspot Food Court May 26, 2013
I was told to visit this place as they offer cheap seafood. When I went there, it wasn't really cheap. MYR 40-50 for a kilo of crabs. I think I can get MYR 30 for a kilo in KL? But those people ordered as though it's free!

When I got there, I was surprised to see the place all packed! I forgot to take a picture of the crowd as I had to quickly grab a seat otherwise it'll be taken and/or I'd be blocking the way as the 'traffic' was hectic!

Even when I was in the lift going up the 6th floor, I heard people saying "I was recommended this place. I wonder if it's really good?"

Well, there are a number of shops available and you're free to choose your own fish/crab/prawns,etc. I didn't order much as there were only 3 of us and we weren't really hungry. But from what I see on the other tables, they all looked really delicious. Whether they taste as good as it looked, I'm not too sure. Apart from seafood, their vegetable - PakuPakis (I forgot what's the name in English) is also popular. Their oyster with egg is also served uniquely, although we didn't try.

This place draws both local and foreign crowd. Quite a number of tables were filled by caucasians.

There is a 'hut' standing on its own at the corner of the foodcourt which offers local delight. They have some dishes with jelly fish and it looks delicious but we no longer had space in our stomach. We did however ordered their Ayam Pansuh, which was served in a bamboo stick. That's quite unique and tastes good.

However, I wouldn't say this place is cheap though. Perhaps they increased their price after receiving a certificate from Tripvisor?
TopSpot - Crabs and baby lobster
TopSpot - HUGE fat fish
trippin_jen says:
well, worth a visit actually. thinking back, i really feel like eating more! hahah
Posted on: May 27, 2013
cotton_foam says:
I would try it too i I'm in the area!!
Posted on: May 26, 2013