Topi Inn

Check Padangbai Hotel Deals

Topi Inn Padangbai Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Topi inn Jul 06, 2013
I passed by Topi inn few times not knowing at all that they have accommodation available. From outside you will find nice garden restaurant with lots of colors and details. It was not until I met other travelers that they told me about the “dorm” and rooms that are on the second floor. Dorm is actually large terrace and relaxing area on the second floor, with mattresses and mosquito nets over them. This nets look nice but your good sleep depends on weather conditions and humidity in the air. Good thing is that it costs only 50000 per night without breakfast. That price is also too much considering the service and quality of the lodging but I just needed a place to sleep and get up in the morning ready to keep going. Topi is located at the end of the beach just before the hill where the temples area is. It is close to everything because whole city is super small. Fast boat pier is some 150m away and slow ferry harbor is some 500m on the other side of the bay. Few beaches are 10 minutes walk away, and I recommend them over the harbor beach.

First time I got to this place I was hungry and tired, and Topi did not have anyone at the door to pull you in or bother you in any way. Restaurant is very relaxed and features large menu book with lots of food and drink options and very tasty sweets. I had very good meals, incredible ice-cream and very good coffee. Bali coffee is made rough and strong, just the way I love it. WiFi is available all over the restaurant and the second floor, so you can find lots of people checking internet. Prices of the food are a bit more expensive from what you can get in the surrounding small restaurants, but atmosphere is great and food quality and presentation just right. Next to the restaurant they have a bar with high chairs and cool boards where you can enjoy your night and listen to the live bends that perform almost every night. Most of the visitors are foreigners and their restaurant attracts many ex-pats living in the area.

Staff is very pleasant and they will help you with advice and transport options. Internet is available all around the restaurant and second floor area.

I did not enjoy my sleep because air was very wet. Mattresses were fairly comfortable and bedding was clean. Mosquito nets are a bit old and full of dust, but they cover the bed and they are easy to go in and out. There is one bathroom on the second floor, nicely designed and it also doubles for shower facility. Some girls were holding it tight most of the time (there was nice mirror inside) so I had to go down to the first floor. Shower has only cold water, but it is good pressure and surrounding is warm enough.

Generally this place has great feeling and great food. If you are going around as a couple or if there are more people in your group, I suggest other nicer places because you can split the price of the room.
alexandra_h alexandr…
Probably the best in town Oct 20, 2012
Not that I've been to all bars and restaurants in Padangbai, but I can assure that this place is one of the best. I can not say anything about the hotel, because we spent the nights elsewhere. But when it comes to food and drinks it's very good.

The restaurant area is very attractive and enjoyable decorated. You can visit it all day long. The menu is very extensive and the food is very good and freshly prepared.

During the afternoon we came here for fruit juices. We could not resist the pastries either. They looked good and also tasted delicious. We also have had dinner here once and it was delightful.

Another good thing about Topi inn is that it offers even more than food and accommodation. You can also find all kinds of workshops: Cooking class, dance class, simply everything typical Balinese. Unfortunately we did not have enough time, otherwise I would have tried the cooking course for sure.

There's also a possibility to book a scuba diving excursions. Divers come here to rest, to drink, to change clothes and to complete their logbooks.

And if you want to help the stray dogs you can donate some money here aswell. Topi inn raises money for a local cause of stray dogs welfare.

The owner gets the most out of his Topi inn.

Check Padangbai Hotel Deals