Top Beach Destinations of the Philippines

Philippines

Top Beach Destinations of the Philippines Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Top Beach Destinations in the Philippines Jan 23, 2013
This list aims to present a subjective opinion of the best beaches in the Philippines considering my extensive travels to the Philippines which still continues. To be more useful, I will limit the list to those that are accessible to public and exclude the ones exclusive to luxurious guests/members/owners and their extensions.

The Philippines, being an archipelago has a lot of beaches and they are not just ordinary beaches. We are blessed with the most powdery white sand beaches of the world. That said, the benchmark of this list is rather high in terms of quality. Therefore, those that are not white (unless they have very very good redeeming factor) will not make it to this rather short list of the best ones.

Best quality beach - Calaguas

Other selling points: The closest white sand beach you could reach without flying out from Manila.

Edge over Boracay: Almost same quality sand. This is way cleaner. Not crowded. No prostitutes. No structured accommodation. Just camping but with access to spring clean water and food supplies, etc.

Edge over El Nido: Longer stretch of best quality white sand. Closer to go to and no need to fly. Not yet touristy and prices/businesses reflects that.

Beach party destination - Boracay

Selling points: Popular destination so many people to meet and hang out, many accommodation and transportation info that are organized. This is Philippine version of Ibiza, Ayia Napa...you get the picture...wild beach parties. Many activities/tour offered for fees. Many backpackers esp party goers come here locals and foreign.

Isolated beaches - El Nido

Selling points: you could kayak to some isolated cove where you will find a small stretch of powdery white sand beach all for yourself and companion. You could enjoy such solitude for a few minutes/hours. Beautiful karst mountains which shown at the last part of the movie Bourne Legacy.

To be updated as changes occur and deemed necessary.
TravellinChic says:
Thanks Brian! Great advice. I'll try find time to do that. I would really love to be able to create more reviews as I think they would be helpful to first time visitors in maximizing their visit. It's just that 24hrs is not enough for me to include time for that right now. Hopefully later :)

I do intend to update this list but still think will keep it short. I went to almost all the top beaches in Cyprus around 5 or more over the span of 3 weeks of my trip! After 3 beaches, I feel like I had too much of the beach already. So I guess a short list to include at least one beach destination for our visitiors would suffice and if they want to know what would best suit them, hope this short list help narrow it down. :)

Cheers,

Nalie
Posted on: Jan 13, 2013
spocklogic says:
Good review, Natalie, and you might think about reviewing them individually and then making a List to include all the Beach reviews, then you can add as you go along. Might be a useful List for fellow TravBuddy's...
Posted on: Jan 13, 2013