Top 5 must sees in Nashville
Top 5 must sees in Nashville Reviews
Top 5 must sees in Nashville Apr 24, 2010
Nashville is Music City, Tennessee - the city resounds with music from almost every street corner for almost 24 hours every day.
Nashville specializes in the music experience. While in town, make sure you schedule a trip to:
1) The Grand Ole Opry House for a show unlike anything you've ever experienced. An evening of live music on this famous stage encompasses country legends as well as newcomers performing a wide variety of musical styles. The huge Opry complex has a number of attractions in addition to the music and hosts almost 10,000 visitors daily.
2) Lower Broadway - the juke joint strip of town. Basically one honky-tonk bar after another, one band after another, and lots of tourists. You may see performers running from a set at one bar to play another set at a different venue across the street.
3) The historic Ryman Auditorium, one of the original Grand Ole Opry Houses, a former church, and current Opry Country Classics concert venue. One street over from Broadway, its presence is felt throughout the downtown area. An alley away is the honky-tonk, Tootsies, famous for providing the Ryman performers with alcohol back in the day when it was not allowed in the Opry.
4) The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, in a new location since 2001 near the Ryman. The Hall and Museum houses historic country video clips and recorded music, exhibits, live performances, shopping, and dining. Their mission is to preserve and share the history and traditions of country music.
5) The incredible Gaylord Opryland Hotel & Convention Center, an enormous, landmark Nashville hotel on the banks of the Cumberland next to the Opry Entertainment Complex. With nine acres of indoor gardens and skywalks topped with a soaring glass ceiling, it is lush and luxurious – more a small town than a hotel. At $250 per night, the service is first class and the selection of restaurants, bars and shopping excellent. Be prepared to get lost!
Find out more about Nashville Music City at: http://www.visitmusiccity.com/
Part of the Half Marathon Weekends travel blog
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!