TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 689,067 travelers just like you!

Toonsarah
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Sarah
Hometown: London, England, UK
Location: London Borough of Ealing, UK
Join Date: January 20, 2017
Contributions: Toonsarah has written about 479 places, shared 3,423 photos, left 1,354 comments, and smiled 1,509 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, French, some German, a smattering of Italian
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Eye-balling an albatross chick on Isla Espanola in the Galapagos
Meeting penguins in Antarctica
Ballooning over the Namib Desert
Walking with lions in Senegal
Profile
I'm an "exile" from Virtual Tourist and looking forward to reconnecting with VT friends here and making new ones too! I live in London UK and am a Londoner, born and bred. I am a librarian by profession, these days working as a freelance consultant.
jendara says:
You are welcome my friend:)
Have a great week!!!
Posted on: Oct 18, 2017
cotton_foam says:
Hi, Sarah!
Thank you very much for the smiles! I appreciate every single one! :)) Thank you also for the comments and enjoyed reading as well as responding to it all.

How sweet of you, Sarah! Sure, I know who to approach now for a meetup! I like that idea very much. The fact is, I met one of our TBs -- his name is Joseph. He is a very cool guy, and my teens have enjoyed interacting with him.

You have been to many of the places here in the US then! That is awesome! I must agree with you-- the Southwest (Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, and Colorado) is incredibly beautiful! Have you been to Bryce Canyon NP? Ugh...that's my favorite NP in the US! Anyways, if you come this way again, let me know. I would love to meet fellow travelers!

Well, it is time for me to check on your blog for Washington State! Who knows, the next destination is just right in our backyard! ;-)

Have a good one, Sarah! ~ May
Posted on: Oct 17, 2017
jendara says:
Congrats on your featured review:)
Well done my friend!!!!
Posted on: Oct 17, 2017

Toonsarah's Travel Blogs

Sep 02, 2017 – Sep 06, 2017
Arpino, Italy -› -› …
A return visit to a town we last visited thirty years ago - the town where my husband's maternal grandmother was from
Overview 6,287 words 118 65 225
This blog was featured on Saturday September 16th, 2017
Football in Germany
Jul 29, 2017 – Jul 30, 2017
A brief trip to Mainz to watch Newcastle United play a friendly there, and thence to Trier to spend an evening with friends
Overview 1,911 words 36 19 66
Jul 05, 2017 – Jul 23, 2017
A road trip around Washington State, taking in Seattle, the Olympic Peninsula, Mount Rainier NP, the North Cascades and San Jua…
Overview 20,312 words 411 137 511
This blog was featured on Sunday August 6th, 2017

Toonsarah's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Arpino, Italy
This restaurant is in a lovely cellar room on the via Aquila Romana. It has interesting modern f…
Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Arpino, Italy
We made the rather long walk out of town to this restaurant, incongruously located in a filling …
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Arpino, Italy
This small church is built on the ruins of an octagonal tower of the ancient city walls and was …
This review was featured on Thursday September 14th, 2017