Tooley's Cafe

(520) 203-8970

Tooley's Cafe Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Is Breakfast really the most important meal of the day? Feb 09, 2010
The question I ask is, is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? Well my mother would disagree with you even though she raised 25 children in 40 years. You see, breakfast in our household was never anything one cried about. It was usually a cup of tea and if you are lucky a few leftovers from last night. Here in America, the scientists, doctors and the food industry will have you believe that breakfast is indeed the most important meal, and for that reason alone,you will find there are restaurants and cafe's that serve breakfast all day long in the United States.

Now, Tooley's is one of those Cafe's that serve breakfast ALL day long, they are rumored to have the best breakfast in Tucson and considered a well kept secret (well they are wearing out the term 'Well kept secret' here in Tucson). I decided to try Tooley's today since I was in that part of town and I seriously needed a cup of tea. Located in the Lost Barrio area, amidst the varied furniture stores and art shops, Tooley’s is an interesting little Cafe operated by Patricia Schwabe.

The restaurant/ Cafe is in a small space with only six tables inside, and additional seating in the patio area. The adjoining room contains a gallery that has a varied collection of art from local artists. The café tables are covered with such colorful oilcloth giving you an inviting feel, while the the two larger tables have bench seating made with fabricated old iron headboards. I was fascinated by the 1920 circa is used to hold magazines and games for the pleasure of the customers while they wait, well it was early so I did not have to wait, there was a couple and two other customers sitting individually.

I made my order at the counter for Earl gray tea and a plate of pancakes (I heard their pancakes are really good), and a side glass of fresh orange juice. I was them asked to seat, my order would be brought to my table. They had a pretty good menu with what I, personally would not eat for breakfast (more like lunch or diner). Service was superb, the attention I was given, made me feel like I was the only guest. I honestly gave them 100% on service. True to the compliments I had heard about their pancakes, they were so delicious. My orange juice was mixed with a touch of lemon or so I thought, it tasted so refreshing. Definitely two thumps up for Tooley's.

Check Tucson Hotel Deals