Tonic Hotel Du Louvre

Check Paris Hotel Deals

Tonic Hotel Du Louvre Paris Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Strategic Location Mar 22, 2016
Fantastic location for the art lover as the hotel located two blocks away from the Louvre museum in Paris. Next block is a coupe beautiful churches which is free to enter. Plenty of restaurants, bar, cafes, bakery and fruits shop which is handy especially when I get hungry. The bakery close to the hotel sell excellent chocolate croissant. The sienna river is easy to get to from the hotel and also the Notre dam Cathedral. Most interesting sights in Paris is manageable from this area by walk.

The check in was easy even though we arrived at midnight. The Chinese guy who look after the reception speak English well, friendly and our room was ready in a second we arrived at the hotel. He gives the room key and Paris map together when we check in, and inform us about breakfast fee at the restaurant, since our reservation is not included breakfast. There is one small elevator which fit for 2 people with luggage, and work well but climb slowly.

The hotel building itself was very old, and it appears two connecting buildings join together, however inside the room was renovated mix with old and new structures and modern amenities.

I love the room given to me since it was a mix between antique and modern structure building with old and big wood beam on the ceiling which is beautiful to see, an a couple antique chairs which is not that comfortable to sit in. Unfortunately the room size was quite small for my taste, but it was enough space to put my luggage and there were cupboard to store my clothings since we were there for three days. The bed was very comfortable, screen television available and work well if need to see the news and refrigerator fully stock with beverages and safety deposit box free to use inside the room.

The bathroom was interesting, it was a long hall way in the bathroom probably around 5 meter walk to reach the toilet from the room even though the bathroom is inside the room.

Surprisingly it was very hot inside the room without the heater on, and I had trouble sleeping at night time. The room was very quiet even though we had the room facing the main street, as there were extra window protection to keep the noise away. Unfortunately since the air condition is not working when I was there, I have to open the window at night time to get a cold air come in, and the noise come inside. So, it was a catch twenty two.

Apparently the house keeping didn’t change our towels or clean the rubbish bin, so we asked the reception for a new towels and it reflective immediately, we get the whole room clean and new towels which was very nice.

For the location and comfortable stay, it was good hotel for the price of €90 per night for two people without breakfast. I probably will stay again since it was affordable and the hotel room was nice.
the hotel building from outside
the room with a couple antique cha…
flat screen television
the hall way toward the bathroom a…
monkeymia79 says:
Congratulation on the featured review.

Your room looks lovely.
EmEm says:
Congrats on being featured! :)
halilee says:
Congrats on the featured review! :)
tj1777 tj1777
nice little hotel Jul 24, 2016
The hotel has a good location for exploring the central part of Paris and arriving from the Charles de Gaulle Airport. The hotel is really close to Louvre museum which has probably given the name to the hotel other big attractions within easy walking distance is the Notre Dame church and Latin Quarter and the city hall of Paris. The hotel is close to the Les Halles station which has a direct connection to the Charles de Gaulle airport which is pretty convenient when you arrive late to Paris and just want to get to the hotel quickly. Coming late to the hotel it was only a short walk from the station to the hotel which fortunately had a 24 hour reception.

The reception was quite when we arrived a bit before midnight so the check in was quick and we got the room key which was in sort of a secondary building and a map of the city for the next day explorations. The room was at the fourth floor so we got into the elevator to reach the fourth floor - which took ages given the elevator was moving at a snail pace. Fortunately there wasn’t that many rooms using this elevator so most of the time waiting time for the elevator wasn’t too bad.

Check Paris Hotel Deals