Tongue and Groove

565 Main Street Northeast, Atlanta, GA, USA - (404) 261-2325

Tongue and Groove Atlanta Reviews

dyevushka dyevushka
Latin Dance night at Tongue and Groove May 27, 2009
Actually, it's cheap if you're a girl and you get in before 10pm. I arrived at about 9:55 and raced in my heels with another girl from the parking deck, where the over-eager bouncer waved us in after agressively checking our bags. My girl friend arrived a few minutes later (waved in by a guy who works there), and we began wandering around the great setup. There is a large circular bar in the middle of the main room, a 2nd story deck, eclectic deco, plenty of TVs (although they weren't really the focus on a dance night), disco balls & lights, and a couple of great DJs. The 2nd room was smaller but less crowded, and generally played more complicated dances.

My friend Ana knew a lot of people, so we soon had drinks (on her friends) and dance partners. My dancing moves are very limited, but everyone was patient and helpful, so I had a lot of fun and learned quite a bit. It turns out that a lot of people from a Salsa dance school go every Wednesday night for salsa dancing, so I was surrounded by professionals who could take your breathe away. They passed out cards for the school and tried to get people to come. The crowd was very mixed: Asian, Latino (El Salvador, Ecuador, Colombian, Mexican, etc), White, Black - all shapes and sizes.

We danced from 10 until they closed at 3, and I left with a new phone number in my pocket :)

Check Atlanta Hotel Deals