Tongarra Sailing

tongarra.com - 07 4946 5755

Tongarra Sailing Airlie Beach Reviews

terri_casey terri_ca…
Wow! I want to go again Jan 04, 2013
Tongarra is the name of the boat that I sailed to the Whitsundays on. It is a single masted catamaran with a wooden deck where all of the onboard activity takes place. I assumed that like many other boats sailing the Whitsundays this would be a 24/7 party, especially as I sailed over new year. How wrong could I be?! The team, 2 Aussie guys, were great fun and mature. The small group of 23 was civilised and fun to be around.

Glen cooked tasty food in the tiny kitchen which amazed me as the sea was quite rough and we were being tossed around. Sleeping was on the deck under a waterproof roll out canopy. The canopy provided plenty of protection against what little wind there was.

My only downside on this trip was that I was unable to shower for 3 days. The onboard shower in the mens toilets was 40 degrees!! Ouch. It wasn't too much of a problem as we snorkelled both days floating over marine life and coral. The snorkel equipment was in very good condition with no leaky masks.

You will need to take your own alcohol onboard as there is no licenced bar but you may purchase soft drinks at a reasonable $2.50 each.

This is a great boat to sail on with an awesome team!!!

Check Airlie Beach Hotel Deals