Tomy Thai

Tomy Thai - Dining area

Tomy Thai Kingsport Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Eastern Tennessee Thai food Apr 10, 2008
One of my favorite restaurants in Kingsport is Tomy Thai. The restaurant is located in a shopping area on the corner of Eastman and Stone Dr, facing Stone Drive. While the outside looks a little blah, the inside is beautiful and elegant. Tables line the walls so one side gets a booth like seat and the other side has chairs. The bar area has a couple of tvs as well. They also have an outside patio for nicer weather.

The menu consists of different Thai dishes including rice noodles, curry and other entrees such as shrimp. The noodle and curry dishes come with tofu, chicken, pork, beef, duck or shrimp. Their website includes a menu with descriptions and pictures of the food. You can get each meal seasoned, or should I say "spiced" up to your level of spiciness from none to spicy. Being a northerner, my spice tolerance is pretty low and I can only tolerate the "mild" levels. My favorite meal is the Phat See-Ew with wide rice noodles, chicken, vegetables and soy sauce. Most meals are $10-15 and are generally large enough for another meal or two at home. The fried banana dessert is also delicious.
Drunken Noodles
Store front
Dining area
alyssa_ob says:
Thanks for clarifying the chili pepper rating. You're right - 1 chili pepper is plenty. My friend orders 2 chili peppers and it is too spicy for me.
Posted on: Feb 16, 2009
seanbhalliday says:
Yes, Tomy Thai is a great asian restaurant. One thing to keep in mind is the "chili peppers" rating. I like somewhat hot food (I did ok when traveling in Thailand and Malaysia). I ordered once with the heat to 2 chili peppers and wow, it tasted great, but was hot.

I now order with 1 chili pepper (go ahead, call me a wimp).

I do suggest Tomy Thai to anyone,

Sean B. Halliday
Posted on: Feb 16, 2009
newtampo says:
Pad se eiw is Nice! Hope you come to try it in Thailand one day, you will love it more :)
Posted on: Apr 10, 2008