Tomo Sushi

975 N Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Tomo Sushi Colorado Springs Reviews

robzvoice robzvoice
Tomo Sushi Restaurant Oct 03, 2010
After reviewing a few search hits online for Japanese restaurants in Colorado Springs, I decided to take my chances with one called Tomo Sushi.

Restaurant Appearance

Tomo Sushi is located near a small shopping center on the corner of North Academy Drive and Galley Road. The restaurant front has a slight weathered look about it. The area outside the restaurant is fairly clean and parking is satisfactory. The inside appearance is fairly nice in appearance. The place looked spacious maybe because there were only a few people eating there. I guess Sunday afternoons are their slow period. You have a choice of eating at the sushi bar or at a table.

Restaurant Service

When I walked in the restaurant, there was a lady that quickly approached me and greeted me. She showed me to my table and mentioned that someone will be with me shortly. A waiter approached me by the name of Ben. He had a very friendly demeanor about him. He asked if I wanted anything to drink. I replied wanting a mojito and a glass of water. He acknowledged and came back with the drinks then took my order. His friendliness was consistent throughout my dinner experience which I was pleased.

Restaurant Food

I ordered the Tomo Beef Bento meal. Ben took my order and came back with some miso soup to start off with. Let's just say that I've tasted better miso soup. Moments later he brought out my bento meal. Wow! That's a lot of food. It was very good, especially the sushi. I couldn't finish the rest of the food. I asked Ben to get me a "To-go" box which he kindly did. He later brought my check and was very thankful I came by to eat at Tomos Sushi. I thanked him and I made my way out. One of the ladies yelled out from some where saying "Thank you!" I nodded in acknowledgement and left.

My general experience with this restaurant was average to very good. I can't complain about the service, the food, and the place overall.

I wasn't too pleased with the miso soup or the mojito, but all-in-all my experience with this restaurant was good.

Here is their website: