Tomb of Unknown Soldier, Warsaw

Warsaw, Poland

Tomb of Unknown Soldier, Warsaw Reviews

odiseya odiseya
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Feb 03, 2017
Out of respect to the host and their culture, I try to learn about their culture of remembrance.

The city had a turbulent past. One of his memories is a symbolic homage to millions soldiers who sacrificed their lives fighting for Poland’s freedom.

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is placed between square Pilsudski and the Saxon garden and it is incorporate in both ambient.

In wide range near the monument are: Evangelical Church, the Zachęta art gallery, and, in background, Palace of Culture and Science.

The Tomb was designed by the famous Polish sculptor, Stanisław Kazimierz Ostrowski.

In front of monument it held numerous celebration. In time of my visit it preparing for celebration of 67 anniversary of Uprising of Poles.

Address: Plac Pilsudskiego

Directions: Between square Pilsudski and the Saxon garden.
cimtech cimtech
My Visit to Tomb of Unknown Soldier, Warsaw Aug 31, 2014
Not far away from the Old Town Square, I walked over to a wide open space that reminds me of Beijing Tiananmen Square. It was Sunday afternoon, saw people skateboarding in the wide open square. Not a bad day Sunny but with scatter cloud in the sky makes you feel comfortable.

Saw Soldiers guarding the Tomb of the unknown solder. In a short while time for changing the guard, it was a good photo opportunity for me and to observe the activities in an around the Marconi Fountain and Saxon Garden. I remember seeing this place was visited by President Obama few years back so I also felt somehow honored to be able to visit the same place and pay a tribute to the unknown solders in my own way.

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, dedicated to the unknown soldiers who have given their lives for Poland. The tomb has a change of guards every hour. Due to time constrain did not have much luck to go for a long walk in the adjacent park called Saxon garden but I bet it would have been a great experience. Over all I am proud and happy at least to be at the Tomb.

This is one of the many places in Warsaw that I would definitely recommend.
Tomb of Unknown Soldier, Warsaw
Soldiers guarding !
No movement at all!
Honor and Fatherland!
EmyG says:
it looks the best in the night :) there are plans to rebuild the Saxon Palace that once stood here and was destroyed during WW2. Well they say it will stand here again in 2019 ... we will see...
Posted on: Sep 30, 2014