Toll Road Restaurant

Toll Road Restaurant  - cash register area

Toll Road Restaurant Death Valley National Park California Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
Expensive, but price-value wise? It is proportionate. Jan 04, 2015
As soon as you enter the door, a staff greets you. Right where she is you’ll be asked to pay first. She shows a menu card and choose which type of breakfast you are fancying. They have two choices: Continental Breakfast or Full Breakfast. Continental Breakfast consists of cereals, oatmeal, muffins, yoghurt, juice, milk, and coffee. While Full Breakfast are; three kinds of scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, sausages, biscuit & gravy, oatmeal, cereals, pastries, breads, fruits, yoghurt, juice, milk, and coffee. We chose; "Full Breakfast."

The staff who attended to us was quite intrusive when she took our orders. Her excuse was “we’ll be closing soon…”

Breakfast is buffet style.

You have the chance to pick a table if the restaurant is not busy, but more often guests are ushered to a table.

The amount of food in the serving platters are “overflowing,” and a constant refilling by two of the dining staff. Meats and eggs were warm. Breads are baked freshly right in their kitchen. Fresh fruit salad was delicious. Their croissant is soft and buttery. I liked their coffee – strong and bitter! They allowed me to have a refill in my humungous coffee mug!

The dining room is spacious, but lights are dim. I kind of liked the atmosphere though. The restaurant’s interior decorations are enormous glass-framed posters of movie titles shoot in Death Valley. All four walls of the restaurant are full of those posters.

I observed that most people who eat here are guests from the resort/hotel/inn.

Our dining experience here was pleasant except that it was quite beyond our budget, but price-value wise? It is a great place, and we would eat, here again, when we revisit the park. ~
entry door to the restaurant
buffet area
cash register area
waiting area
cotton_foam says:
Bill: apparently, she said the same thing to the next guests after us! :)) It was only the girl at the cash register who seemed to be in a rush...The staffs at the dining room were not.

Nolan: Of course, I need all the calories after that hike at the sand dunes! :))
nolan says:
Full breakfast, of course :D
Zagnut66 says:
When they tell you "We'll be closing soon," good service will not follow.
Death Valley National Park California  Map