Toledo, Spain

Toledo Reviews

rockdstars rockdsta…
An Escape to Toledo Jun 21, 2011
Before my travel, I came across a few well-traveled people who told me that Toledo is "a must" see in Spain. A day trip there is definitely worthwhile.

The city indeed is a gem of its own. Anyone who has laid eyes on this gem would definitely feel honored, fulfilled, and grateful for such a beauty exists. Even if just by looking from afar, you would definitely appreciate it. And once you've set foot on it, surely you'd like to explore it and the more you would appreciate its architecture and the history behind it. The best way to explore is of course to walk the paths around. Who cares if you get a bit misdirected? Getting lost and found at the same time is truly an experience. The people are nice and friendly.

The history is very rich, if you take a deep look in it, as there are still existing synagogues around (Jews) and also a mosque (Muslims), even though Christianity has dominated the country eventually.

Be sure you have a map of your own before leaving the train station, so as it would be easier to explore around.

To get to the main city, ride the bus (just outside, on the right side upon leaving the train station) so as not to walk that far to get to the main tourist spots in Toledo.

And there are a lot of souvenirs around! From what I know, this is one of the few places which make an authentic sword sold as a souvenir! Grab one if you have the luxury to bring it with you! :)
The City view from afar
Walking the streets of Toledo
Walking the streets of Toledo
olgabo olgabo
one day trip Jul 20, 2011
one day is enought for this town. we took a train from Madrid( Atocha renfe) which was about 10 euro per ticket, we bought them online 2 day prior the trip. when planing your trip remember that most of museums don't work on mondays. at the end og the day we took turist bus or 4,5 euros, that took us around the city
kazarre kazarre
Jul 22, 2007
Beautiful and steeped in history. Well worth a visit and what I would give for an apartment in the Cathedral area.

Related Travel Blogs About Toledo

My first stop on my first roundtrip
Toledo was the first goal of the first round trip on this travel. I had never been there before but I had heard the name Toledo so many times that I decided that I had to make a visit. Toledo turned …Toledo so many times that I decided that I had to make a visit. Toledo turned out to be very…
Toledo 2011
ABOUT TOLEDO: Toledo is small, but one of the most importants cities in Spain, and is situated 70km south of Madrid.It is the capital of Castille-La Mancha and the Toledo province. In 1986 it was de…TOLEDO: Toledo is small, but one of the most importants cities in Spain, and is situated 70km south…
Home Base Punta Gorda, Belize
Punta Gorda (PG) (Spanish "Fat Point") is located on the Caribbean Sea in the southern most portion of Belize at an elevation of about 15 feet above average high tide and is the capital of the Toledo…Toledo Cacao Festival, which celebrates the history and production of chocolate in the Toledo District. The local population…

Check Toledo Hotel Deals