4-2-8 Shiba-Koen, Tokyo, Japan

Tokyo Tower Reviews

anewchapter anewchap…
Tokyo's Famous Landmark Aug 14, 2014
Tokyo Tower is one of Tokyo's most famous landmarks. It stands at 333metres high with the 'special' observatory being at 250metres. This is certainly not the tallest building in Tokyo and there are definitely other observatories in Tokyo that are higher up and cheaper in price. However, this is Japans 'Eiffel Tower' so if you visit Tokyo then you just have to go up there.

I went there on a clear day and the views were great as expected. You can pay extra and go from the main observatory to the special observatory (which I did) but in truth there's really not much difference between the two.

On my way back down from the observatory I made the mistake of taking the stairs instead of the elevator. If your looking for a great leg workout then I'd recommend it, but if your already sweating buckets from the crazy July heat then take the elevator...before it's too late ;)
Noppon Twins, Tokyo Tower
anewchapter says:
I have no idea haha about 250 metres worth :(
Posted on: Aug 15, 2014
trippin_jen says:
how many flights of stairs did you walk down?
Posted on: Aug 14, 2014
Kurisu Kurisu
Can't visit Tokyo without going up there! :) Sep 18, 2011
Tokyo Tower is a communication and observation tower located in - yes, you guessed right - Tokyo! ;)

It's over 300 metres tall, painted in bright orange and white (supposedly to comply with air safety regulations) and looks like the Eiffel tower.

Going up there to the upper observation was the best experience I had on my short trip to Tokyo!

I got there in the evening when it was already dark. Can get there by subway and walk over, which will take 10 min or so. Can't get lost, because you can always see the illuminated tower from everywhere haha.

Be sure to buy a ticket for the top Observatory! The have two decks there, both offering stunning 360° view, but the top one gives you the best experience!

The view from up there is absolutely spectacular!!! I've been to many observation decks of tall buildings, but this is one of the best.

If you're into photography, you will love this tower, because it's perfect for taking great pics at night! It's quite dark inside there, so you don't get stray light or reflections on the windows. Don't even needed a tripod, just placed my camera on my bag and used the self timer.

So if you happen to be in Tokyo, don't forget to go up Tokyo Tower in the evening!
View from Tokyo Tower at night
msaadafridi msaadafr…
The first place to go after you land in Tokyo :] Feb 20, 2011
Tokyo tower is the signature landmark of Tokyo city. It includes wax museum, resturants, bookstores, and a few other museums which one needs to see.

The view from the top is fantastic. A must go to familiarize yourself from the city :)
AE-Gumby AE-Gumby
Take the stairs... Apr 19, 2009
Me and a friend decided on a spur of the moment event to go out to Tokyo tower, we were going to take one of the 4 elevators up, but the line was so long. we then took a look at the brochure (which they have in almost every language) and we found a spot that said "take the stairs...and get a certificate and a prize" (don't quote me exactly on that) ... so, we did....531 stairs later, the most breathtaking views, and we were only 531 or so feet up!! (halfway up the 333m tower) So then, the moral of the story, take the stairs, beat the crowd...just to be put in another in the

Also, Visit some of the exhibits in the "city" under the tower....(Building is referred to as a city for some reason)

Safe travels

Tokyo Tower behind a temple
Tokyo Tower from one of the "feet"
Me in front of Tokyo Tower
Me still inf front of Tokyo Tower
Airportman Airportm…
Tourist attraction with great views of Tokyo Sep 26, 2008
The Tokyo Tower looks a lot like the Eifell Tower and is certainly worth a visit for a great view of Tokyo, during the day and/or at night. There are 2 observatories, with the main observatory 150 meters above the ground and the special observatory 250 meters above the ground.

Of course the views depend on the weather, so make sure you checked the weather forecast, before you go up. On a really clear day, you can see Mount Fuji and you have a perfect view of the city.

On the ground is the souvenir shop, as well as a restaurant and several attractions to visit: Wax Museum, Aquarium Gallery, Guinnes World Recods Museum, an amusement park and several others.

They are not really worth a visit in my opinion. The setup looks quite simple and for that kind of money, I had expected more then what I did see. My advice is to buy the ticket to go the main observatory and if you want to higher, get another ticket and spent between 1 & 2 hours on the tower and then go somewhere else.
Tokyo Tower by day
Tokyo Tower by night
Airportman says:
Thank you - yes, there is, more then just looking around
Posted on: Jan 26, 2010
sylviandavid says:
good review.... thanks... Wow there's a lot around it isn't thre?
Posted on: Jan 26, 2010
YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
Amazing Tower Jan 26, 2007
If you go to Tokyo, I recommend you to visit Tokyo Tower!

The reasons why are:

• It's a very famous tower. Before I went there, I often saw it imitated by contestants at Masquerade, a TV show from Japan.

• You can see the view of Tokyo from two different heights:

o Main Observatory at the height of 150 m

o Special Observatory at the height of 250 m

• You have to try the experience of standing or walking in the sky! At the Main Observatory, there is a “Lookdown Window” where you can look down at the ground from the height of 145 m. Challenge yourself to do that! Me myself, I could stand up there but was not brave enough to walk on it. Brrrr.... :-(

Check my blog for more photos at:
"Lookdown Window"
The Tower
One of the view from Special Obser…
One of the view from Main Observat…
YantiSoeparno says:
I'm sure he will love it! Especially the lookdown window ;-)
Posted on: Dec 14, 2008
reikunboy says:
my son wants to go here cause this tower is in the background of his favourite tv show
Posted on: Dec 13, 2008
Andy99 Andy99
The view above Tokyo Mar 21, 2005
Tokyo Tower is one of the famous tourist attractions in Tokyo. The 332.5m tower was built in 1958 with its design inspired by the Eiffel Tower. (Tokyo Tower is 13m taller.)

The tower supports television and FM radio broadcasting antennas but is best known for its public observation decks. The main observation deck is at 150m, offering a panoramic view of Tokyo and environs. With new high-rise construction constantly in progress, the view is probably not quite what it once was. (The National Diet Building and the Imperial Palace are almost obscured.) Still, it gives one an excellent impression of the enormous size of the city! I enjoyed the view.

Mt. Fuji can be be seen on a clear day (but not on the day I was there). There is also a smaller special observation deck at 250m. (Requires an additional ticket.)

At the base of the tower are four floors called "Foot Town" with food court, souvenirs, and several popular exhibits including a Wax Museum and a Guiness World Records Museum. (Additional tickets are required.)

Main Observatory admission is 820 Yen.
Tokyo Tower
National Diet Building and Tokyo s…
Zojoji Temple below the Tower
alyssa_ob says:
I did not go here. It was rainy when we went by and didn't have time anyway. Beautiful photos from the tower! Now I know what I missed ;)
Posted on: Jul 26, 2010
Glynnes says:
Nice review. Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 23, 2010
williamsworld says:
I have been here and really enjoyed it. I do need to some reviews of Tokyo. cheers
Posted on: Jul 23, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Tokyo Tower

Tokyo: Day 1 of Tokyo Weekend Marathon!
It all began when I met up with fellow TB member, Chun (freestyler_1), for some sushi at the Tsukiji Fish Market..... The day was overcast and humid. I sent a message to Chun to let him know that I…Tokyo Tower. On the JR Yamanote Line, we disembarked on the Hamamatsucho Station and walked towards the Tokyo
Tokyo Tower & Merry Heart Maid Cafe...
Today was my first "romp through the park" i suppose, the first day i actually went out on my own and wandered the streets, half blind, half excited, and half drunk from the starry void. On my way t…Tokyo Tower, i stopped at the Zojoji Temple, the Great Main Temple of the Chinzai sect of Shingon Buddhism…
Day 3: Visiting the Tokyo Tower
As I expected, I had a bad night, with hardly any sleep at all. No matter what I did, I simply couldn't fall asleep. I listened to my mp3 player, watched nightly televesion, read into my Japan travel…Tokyo Tower, but that was my intention anyway. So I ate my breakfast, which I had bought the night…

Check Tokyo Hotel Deals