Tokyo Table

Arcadia, California

Tokyo Table Arcadia Reviews

pvtjoy pvtjoy
Jan 06, 2008
It was a boring Sunday - decided I wanted to go and have sushi. Well, I was at the Westfield Santa Anita mall in Arcadia, CA and they opened a new sushi restaurant - had to give it a try. You never know it could be good. Well, hell...was I ever surprised! It was incredible! Had to start out with a glass of Pinot Noir - it was ok - didn't compare to the glasses of wine I had in Europe, but this is Arcadia, CA...please!

Ordered the Tuna tataki salad! The dressing was light and refreshing, the seared tuna was fantastic! We shared three appetizers! The crispy chicken with the spicy sauce. the spicy tuna summer roll and the garlic shrimp - still cooking as it's served on your table! Wow what an amazing experience in your mouth. If you love garlic like I do - OMG! It was delicious!

Gino our waiter...(I asked him how an Asian man got an Italian name - he said he was Filipino! Hello...Kababyan (did I spell that right?) anyway - he and I got along really well and he was a very knowledgeable waiter! Of course, he was trained to say all the right things, but the impeccable service he gave us was fantastic!

Dessert was just as good! Green tea ice cream with red bean paste on the side - yummy!

Add the wine, the Asahi and the sake - unvbelievable!

This is a new restaurant to this area and it has the feel of a dinner/supper club, with ambient music - very posh, lots of pillows, dark lighting and mood music. Reminded me of something in Vegas. Anyway, if you're ever in Arcadia, CA and don't know what to do - this place is great...

I thought I had seen this place before - couldn't figure it out, until management came to me and told me they also have a branch in Oahu - close to the Ala Moana shopping center - That's where I've seen it! Check out their website. http://www.tokyotable.com/
jeff says: