Tokyo Sushi Bar

Wijngaardstraat 3, Antwerp, Belgium

Tokyo Sushi Bar Antwerp Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Tokyo Sushi Bar Jul 15, 2009
You have to be very lucky if you find this little gem in the small streets of Antwerp; I can tell I used some times to find it. I had heard a lot of wonderful things about this place from a friend of mine who went there quite often.

To me it was the first time and it was a special occasion; my friend had a birthday and he had booked the whole restaurant for the entire evening. That can be a huge arrangement but as this restaurant was quite small, the twenty persons we were filled it up to the edge.

It is a small place but never the less very cosy and the number of people looking in the windows while we were there it must have looked nice from the outside as well.

The sushi’s were outstanding and gorgeous; no doubt about that and my friend had made sure that there were not missing anything. You have to try the sashimi as well they are marvellous.

We had a fantastic evening; and a very international one. The chef is from Bangladesh and his wife from China but they both know how to handle and respect the Japanese product. My friend loves Greek music so he had hired a band from a Greek restaurant and it was quite funny to sit there and eat sushi and listening to Greek music; and one of the two Greek musicians were from Argentina, but a Greek in heart. I was sitting there as a lonely Dane with my Belgian friend’s Belgian family; what an evening.
Chokk says:
Great - I will let you know:)
Posted on: Nov 12, 2009
sarahsan says:
Next time let me know! I´ll come and add to the variety!
Posted on: Nov 12, 2009
Chokk says:
It was almost too much - I missed someone from Norway:)
Posted on: Nov 10, 2009