Tokyo Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar

1970 Interstate 10 South, Beaumont, TX, USA

Tokyo Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar Beaumont Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Not my favorite place for a steak Apr 05, 2012
I had just arrived in Beaumont and I was starving for a Texan Steak. I asked in the hotel front desk and the closest place where I could have steak was a japanese restaurant by the service road of the I-20. I decided to try.

If you have been to Benihana then you know what this place is all about. It's the same style of restaurant, where you sit by the grill and a cook will do a show for you. I didn't know it was going to be that kind of place, I enjoyed Benihana, but I think it's the kind of places you go just once to say you've been there.

The show was exactly the same as I had seen in Benihana, and this time the cook did not seem that enthusiastic at all. I don't blame him, it must be hard to do the same thing over and over again. So, yeah he did the pounding heart with the rice, the flaming onion, playing with the salt and pepper, all that.

So, I asked for my steak medium well, I like it juicy, but I don't like to see blood, lol. I had no idea he would cut it in pieces before serving it, that totally ruined the fun! I can't enjoy a steak if I don't cut it myself hahaha. The taste was ok, but it was more like well done than medium well. Some bites were a bit hard to chew!

So well, I have to say this place was ok, but yeah I've seen this kind of show three times now and I don't think I would go for it again! So next time I want a Texan steak I'll make sure it's not in a Japanese restaurant! LOL!
The cook with the rice
My steak!
montecarlostar says:
Lol yeah Bettina, but that's only because it was the only steak house around :) and thanks for the congrats y'all! :D
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
Congrats on the featured review
vulindlela says: