Tognazzini's Dockside Rstrnt

(805) 772-8100

Tognazzini's Dockside Rstrnt Morro Bay Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Seafood at its best Aug 19, 2008
I have found that when I go to the coast to get away from the summer heat of the valley that there are great lunch places to eat, and great dinner places to eat. This is one that can fit into either category. And as the name says, it is right on the docks in Morro Bay and almost in the shadow of Morro Rock. We visited this time for dinner. The menu, naturally, is loaded with seafood and we checked with the waitress to see what size portions they serve. With her help we decided to share a single swordfish in a garlic butter sauce meal. It was served with a very unusual and distinctive scalloped potato, and vegetables. I felt they over did the sauce. The nice piece of grilled swordfish was swimming in a small shallow bowl with about a half inch of hot garlic butter. I removed the fish from the bowl and both my wife and I ate what was a great meal, without most of the sauce. And the price was quite affordable.
X_Drive X_Drive
Cinnamon Banana Chimichanga @ Dockside Aug 19, 2008
After a nice meal on vacation at the coast our waitress asked if we’d care to try a special desert they had to offer. Neither my wife nor I usually go for desert because we are already overweight and eat the large meals we once did. But when she mentioned their “Cinnamon Banana Chimichanga” it peaked my interest. At this point I do whole heartedly wish I had taken a picture of this decadent platter of calories. They had taken several banana pieces and cinnamon sauce and wrapped them in Filo dough. Then the whole thing was deep fried. Served on a desert platter covered with whipped cream, then the chimichanga is laid on top and drizzled with chocolate syrup. Bigger than expected, but too good to leave even one bite left.

Check Morro Bay Hotel Deals