214 7th Ave, New York, NY, USA
(212) 675-1516‎

Toasties New York Reviews

Transitory Transito…
One of the nicer Delis Aug 18, 2009
Right across the street from Union Square, this deli has a salad bar, some baked goods, a grill, a well stocked fridge of drinks, and a few avg. Deli-style tables outside.

You don't go for the ambiance or anything like that, it really is just a deli, not restaurant, nor a cafe, it's a deli. The sandwiches are very tasty though. I like their meat to veggie ratio (not very heavy on the meat, more in line with the actual proportions of meat you're supposed to have-like 4 oz. NOT hero size), and the toppings/sauces are very flavorful.

My favorites are the Union Jack special. It's got turkey, melted cheese, grilled onions, jalapeno peppers, and some spicy and tangy sauce on there. The chicken with melted jack cheese is also yummy. I actually think these sandwiches are better meals that some I've had at restaurants,

Toasties is reliable and yummy. The sandwiches are in the $8-10 range. Go in the summer time so that you can eat it in Union Square or bring it to your home/hostel/etc. It's not really a nice locale to eat there...
festerwretch says:
From the FAQ: 'Featured reviews and featured travel blogs, which appear on the front page of TravBuddy, are automatically determined every night based upon the feedback of the TravBuddy community and a super secret formula that we have devised. This super secret formula is based on smiles, "freshness", relevance for travelers and a variety of other factors. We constantly change this formula to find the right balance between determining how blogs are automatically featured.'
Posted on: Aug 21, 2009
Transitory says:
Dr_Seuss, I am not anti-British or anti-European specifically, I'm just a cranky curmudgeon :). Call me Miss. anthrope.
Thanks Steph and Carlos. Steph come by NYC before I leave, I'll buy you a Union Sq. Jack special (ahh what a mouthful).
Posted on: Aug 20, 2009
moshers_moll says:
Mmmm that Union Jack special sounds to die for, I could go for one of those right now :-) Yum, congrats again.
Posted on: Aug 20, 2009