Toarmina's Pizza

Toarmina's Pizza - Toarmina's Pizza - Exterior I

Toarmina's Pizza Romulus Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Home of the 24 Inch Pizza! Nov 10, 2013
Stuck in Romulus, Michigan, due to a missed connection in Detroit, I was hungry for lunch by the time I got to my hotel at the Clarion. So, I headed out on foot to see what was around - Speedway (nah), McDonald's (nah), Big Boy (nah), so I kept on walking. About 10 minutes walk I saw a small strip mall with a Subway (nah), and some international flavor - Chinese, Italian, and Lebanese. I opted for the Italian at a place called Toarmina's Pizza, which bills itself as home of the 24 Inch Pizza! I can't speak on other locations, but enjoyed this one.

Apparently Toarmina's is a chain with 14 locations in Southeastern Michigan, this one being in Romulus. It's a smal restaurant with half a dozen tables or so and big screen TV. The place is clean and colorful inside, and the menu of a good variety. I decided on a 6 inch meatball sub sandwich. It was ready in about 10 minutes, and was one hell of a good sub. The meatballs were tender and well spiced, covered in tomato sauce and cheese in a toasted Italian bread. This sandwich was packed too and filled me up quite well. Some satisfaction here at least in compensation for my missed flight.
Toarmina's Pizza - Exterior I
Toarmina's Pizza - Interior I
Toarmina's Pizza - Interior II
Toarmina's Pizza - Interior III
christine4321 says:
yes that's true. I usually use the extra lean ground beef to make meat balls and such. Many times it is so lean that I need to bake them on parchment paper or grease the pan extra well, they turn out more dense than using the ground with less fat content but I prefer it.
Posted on: Dec 10, 2013
spocklogic says:
Always the foods that probably aren't good for us are the ones we get a craving for sometimes, eh?
Posted on: Dec 09, 2013
christine4321 says:
Now I am hungry and craving a sub!
Posted on: Dec 08, 2013