Toad Rock

Abu, India

Toad Rock Abu Reviews

Vipin Vipin
Nice views! Feb 08, 2011
Situated high above the hills near Nakki Lake in Mount Abu is the monument that is known as Toad Rock. The monument gets its name from the shape of the rock, oddly enough, which looks like a toad that it about to jump into the lake.

The route to toad rock is fairly easy; it is a well-guided walk and the steps are nice and easy to walk up. I personally thought it looked like a bit of a tortoise more than a toad, but the toad story obviously appealed more to the local tourist board! There is a little shop near the rock too.

Apart from taking pictures of the rock itself, the area affords some spectacular scenic views. I think the views are the main reason to go up here on a fine day!

Related Travel Blogs About Toad Rock

Views
(3) Toad After a while, I got to toad rock. Eponymously named, I thought the toad was more similar to a tortoise. As the rock had been there for many years, I think that it should have been named …toad was more similar to a tortoise. As the rock had been there for many years, I think that it should have been named after a tortoise as they…

Check Abu Hotel Deals