To Mtskheta by minibus (marshrutka)

Mtskheta, Georgia
To Mtskheta by minibus (marshrutka) - Minibus to Tbilisi in Mtskheta

To Mtskheta by minibus (marshrutka) Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
To Mtskheta by minibus (marshrutka) Jun 04, 2014
I came to Mtskheta by minibus (marshutka) from Tbilisi and left the town one day later on the same route.The trip took about 20 minutes.

Mtshketa is regulary served by mini buses from Tbilisi's Didube bus station, which can be conveniently reached by metro from the city centre.

For me it looked like the minibuses leave almost every 10 to 15 minutes as long as there are enough passengers. It can be a bit difficult to find out which minibuses go to Mtskheta as the destinations within Georgia are only written in Georgian script, but the local people were really helpful to point me to the right minibus. In general the Mtskheta buses leave somewhere from the far right end of the bus station when coming out of the metro station.

Interesting enough, the ticket (1 GEL) has to be bought from a small ticket booth just next to the minibuses. On all other occasions I realised that the fare has to be handed to the driver when getting off the minibus.

In Mtshketa I got off the bus somewhere, where most locals got off as well. I asked a lady if it was the city centre, which she confirmed.

On the return trip I waited for a Tbilisi bound minibus at a bus stop near the Samtavro Monastery. It took only a few minutes until one arrived. I paid 1 GEL to the driver when I got off the bus at Tbilisi's Didube bus station.
Minibus to Tbilisi in Mtskheta