Tirta Yoga

Padang Bai, Indonesia
Tirta Yoga - Upstairs
Tirta Yoga - Entrance from the alley

Compare Padangbai Hotel Rates (1.8km away)

Tirta Yoga Padang Bai Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Tirta Yoga Jul 21, 2013
Tirta Yoga was such a great find. I arrived with the small bus from Kuta and immediately was attacked by 3-4 older ladies that were trying to fix me with anything I need. Of course they try to get you into more expensive places but when I explained them that I am aware of the prices and looking for cheapest place in town they lowered the price by half… Most of the “inns and hotels” in town were charging 100-120000 per night which is way too much for small town in the middle of nowhere. Padang Bai has some charm and peacefulness (if you forget the trumping of the ferries in 5 o’clock in the morning) but places should not be over 60-80000. So after I fenced off all the ladies, I simply entered the small streets and started asking for rooms in every place. After few places, price was around 100000r for the room w breakfast as a standard. I was already getting ready to take the offer when an 10 year old boy stopped me in the front of the nice garden and asked if I need the room. That garden was actually the Inn called Tirta Yoga. Not too big, with few duplex rooms, nice garden, and interesting temple and all for 125000… I lowered that price to 100k with breakfast and we had a deal.

Room is really nice, on the second floor and with communal balcony that is perfect for meeting other people staying in the place. They have some trees that were blossoming at the time I was there. Beautiful sight. Bottom floor of my duplex has places to storage your stuff and large restroom, shower. All very clean, only cold water, towels and cleaning products included. You get to the second floor with cool wooden stairs, and whole floor is occupied with nice bed and few commodes. Ceiling is high, walls painted white and windows and door to the balcony bring lots of light to the room. WiFi is available in the whole inn.

Breakfast was surprisingly good and consisted of egg sandwich, local fresh fruits and excellent coffee. You actually have choice and menu to chose from. Same boy makes food and he does it really well.

Inn is located right in the middle of the town, just 30 meters from the street where mini buses stop. All ferry docks are right there in vicinity and many tourist agencies are in all surrounding streets. If you are taking “fast” or “slow” boat, always haggle, and start from the half of what they are saying or what is written on the board. Their core business is trying to extract as much as possible from the tourist but they will sell the tickets for much less because there are many boats and lots of seats available (this is not truth in the high season). Food is fairly easy to find with few restaurants that are hugging the beach front. Local food is excellent, but you’ll have to ask locals where to go. I found lady that makes heavenly Gado-Gado in the front of you, and it tastes so good that I almost ate the banana leaf that wrapped the meal…

I was extremely happy with this place, guys that work there and feeling that you are hidden from surrounding. I warmly recommended this place.
Entrance from the alley

Compare Padangbai Hotel Rates (1.8km away)

Padang Bai Map