Tips on Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia

Tips on Melbourne Reviews

Horse Horse
Jun 16, 2007
Hey Ashley. Melbourne is cold this time of year, around 5 to 18 degrees each day probably from now until mid August. I would say things are averagly priced but you can get some good bargins if you shop around a bit.

Make sure you watch plenty of AFL footy. Its great! And the team you support is the Cats (Geelong).

Flights to other citys can be cheap, around $50 to $150 to fly to sydney. $180 to queensland. Jetstar is your best bet at the moment, but very soon Tiger Airways will be here making things a whole lot cheaper.

You will have tonnes of fun studying here, everyone ive spoken too who is here from abroad does. Uni nights are Tuesday for Melbourne Uni, and generally Thursday for other unis, although pretty much any night is a goer.

The trains, trams and buses make it easy to get around (although i dont really use any buses cos I like knowing that the tram can only go pretty much straight)

I think we pretty much have everything here you have where you are so dont stress about what to bring, Youll be able to get it here.

If you have any troubles give me a yell and ill be very happy to help you out.

joshlowe2006 says:
All i can say dude. its cold. i got back from there 6 days ago and they had big storms and loads of rain. but its a fun city and you enjoy it.
Posted on: Jun 17, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Tips on Melbourne

Around Melbourne
So I hope to get an early night tomorrow and catch up on a bit of sleep.  Today I was able to have a small sleep in before running around town.   I managed to re-confirm my tour and tomor…Melbourne people a tip, it was warmer than a windy Sunshine Coast winter breeze.   Oh yes, and then…
Quito - Day 1 - My first taste of the joy that is the Secret Garden hostel
After a marathon day and a half of travel, with occassional hour of sleep on the airport bench or the plane, I was happy to be ringing the bell of the Secret Garden hostel in the late afternoon. …Melbourne had some good tips on where to do wildlife tours in South America (they'd done quite…

Check Melbourne Hotel Deals