Tioman Paya Resort Sdn Bhd

Check Tioman Island Hotel Deals

Tioman Paya Resort Sdn Bhd Tioman Island Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Cheap chalet accommodation Jan 03, 2012
There are 13 beaches at Tioman Island but I ended up at Paya Beach located at the southwest of the island. It was meant to be as a quick getaway after a stressful week at work. I left all the reservations to my colleague.

The more developed and known beaches are located at the north.

It was abt 15 minutes walk from the jetty. We have to walk past the village, onto a broken bridge & into somewhat a forest before reaching the Main House of the Resort. There was an old Chinese Man in his 50s or 60s at the counter. There was no one else in sight. Waited quite a bit before getting in. Checkin meant writing into a guestbook - ok now we know who is in what room, from where & staying how long!!

We got a chalet with basic fixtures, bed was hard at least the fitted sheets are clean. Toilet was basic. No water heater just plain water from the tap. Theres a ceiling fan & air-conditioner. Our chalet was not the nearest to the Main House so I find it quite eery when we come back at night! We did ask for an exchange to the ones closer to the Main House which were empty but that unfriendly old man say - NO!

Breakfast was pathetic. Cup of tea/coffee, 2 slices of bread & jam. I left it right there and we walked off to wander the island for food. We never came back for breakfast ever! As this is not the most touristic of beaches, there are not many shops and they do not open so early (but they closed pretty early!!)

The next 2 days we had breakfast, lunch & dinner at the same 2 stalls! So much for seeking a less beaten path! The waterfall is nearby though and that was the only highlight of my trip! This place is only good solely for sleeping & nothing else. To go snorkelling, you have to take a boat to the other beaches. I would definitely recommend staying at the known beaches!

Check Tioman Island Hotel Deals