Tioga Pass Rd

Tioga Pass Rd, Lee Vining, CA, USA

Tioga Pass Rd Lee Vining Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
One of America's Scenic Byways May 12, 2013
Tioga Pass (highway 120) is one of the most scenic bypasses in America. This mountain pass is located within the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California. State route 120 runs through it and is actually the East entry to Yosemite National Park. Since 1933 there have been closing and opening dates for this pass; the dates vary with weather conditions. This year (2013) it opened on May 11, we still found a substantial amount of snow on the ground.

It has breath-taking views with view points at different points of the pass. Olmstead and Toulomne meadows stops are a must. We left the park via Tioga and literally stopped at each of the pull outs. We had an amazing time driving through, the views are nothing like I have ever seen anywhere in the United States. I could not believe this was California, it felt like driving through the Alps in Switzerland.

PS: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today!
Africancrab says:
Yes Roger, I could not believe I was in California. The beauty is so much so that I can not put it into words. We had a great time and have planned to go and spend a week (7 days) next time so we can do more hiking
Posted on: May 23, 2013
X_Drive says:
We have made this journey many times. It feels like you are on top of the world!! :D
Posted on: May 21, 2013