7511 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Tinto Los Angeles Reviews
Oct 28, 2007
My friend and I received a Daily Candy alert a few weeks back about a new tapas joint. Since we both adore sangria, we decided to give it a try, despite reading some bad reviews. I was pleased that the service (unlike the bad reviews) was quite good - attentive and earnest. The decor was cozy, dark - a mix of antique and goth. The sangria was good - made even better in that it was in a seemingly neverending pitcher! :) Unfortunately, the food was mediocre, and expensive for what you got. We had the following:
- Grilled scallops - pretty tasty, simply seasoned
- Manchego Cheese and Serrano Ham - cheese was just ok, ham was way too dry and crusty
- Pork medallions on apples - the first bite was quite good, but the aftertaste was so strange and pungent that I couldn't stomach anymore (but to be fair, my friend really enjoyed it)
- Patatas Bravas (fried potatoes) - a bit too salty
- Croquette du Jamon - again, too salty
I may consider coming back to hang out and have sangrias, but there are so many other better tapas joints in town ... Parking is a bit weird - it's called "valet" but essentially you self-park and pay this guy hanging out in a nearby parking lot. It's better to find street parking.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!