Tina's Hotel

Check Puerto Galera Hotel Deals

Tina's Hotel Puerto Galera Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Tina's restaurant and hotel Mar 10, 2013
This was my second time coming to Sabang and I had a bit of experience in where to look for the cheaper places to stay. It was a bit easier this time because I was traveling with a friend so we could get double room and split the cost. We tried my last hotel because I Was very happy with the place, but they did not have any room for us, so we kept going down the pier and came to the restaurant that had rooms on the second floor. After a bit of haggling we got a small double room with fan and nice bathroom for 900p. Winning combination was large balcony over the restaurant that had heavy handmade wooden chairs and tables and beautiful view of the bay. I am a bit sucker for nice places to sit and enjoy the night and this was one of those.

Hotel is located almost at the end of the pier, only two or three buildings are left till you hit the wall. I think that they also have dive shop because some guys were offering diving courses and trips when we arrived. Prices for diving were some of the lowest we have seen in the city (I believe they were quoting 1000pesos per dive).

Tina’s restaurant does have good food, but it is on a bit expensive side comparing to some local food options. One thing that is superb is black coffee which is served in the way I haven’t seen before. They have already prepared small cups in which they poor water and it slowly drips in your cup. Drip coffee is common in lots of countries but this was kind of instant perfection setup…

Bed was large enough for two of us but there was no much space around the room. Everything was clean and tidy. They clean the place constantly from sand that you bring up from the path. Bathroom has hot water and they also give towels for use. Internet is available from the restaurant down below.

One annoyance in the city is brown-outs or lack of power that you will experience almost every day for some hours. For that reason kitchen is gas powered and you should have some lamps for first aid.

Lady that we were doing business with was really tough in beginning, but after that she warmed up and even set with us for a breakfast of Spanish omelet that I masterfully made.

Prices of the drinks, groceries and generally everything are fluctuating by the rule of foreigners not knowing the real prices. There are couple larger shops with everything you need and prices are normal. Green market is right before the city ramp and there you can get fresh greens, meet or rent any kind of transportation you need. If you are coming from or to Puerto Galeras, the easiest way is with Jeepney, but they are not running after 5-6PM. Price is 20 pesos for one way trip which is totally ok.

Check Puerto Galera Hotel Deals