Souk Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Time of Arabia Dubai Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Great Lebanese cuisine Nov 17, 2010
Times of Arabia is located inside the Souk Madinat Jumeirah and is a restaurant which serves Lebanese cuisine. It was the atmosphere that attracted me to this restaurant. When I entered I did not see that they had outdoor dinning. A nice waitress immediately asked me if I would like to eat outside. I was shown out on the terrace, which was made like a Bedouin tent. At dusk it was nice to listen to the birds singing from the nearby palm trees.

They have an extensive menu which offered salads, soups, 22 different cold mezze, 20 hot once, temptations from the grill (70-145 Dhs) and seafood (155-320 Dhs) as well as desserts. Again I had trouble choosing what to eat, so I ended up with mezze. That way I could try many small dishes. After a little help from a very nice and polite waiter I ended up ordering Rkakat (spring rolls stuffed with cheese and parsley), Falafel (deep fried chick peas, beans, garlic, cumin and parsley), Chicken wings (with lemon, garlic and coriander) and hommos (minced chick peas, sesame paste and lemon). The people on the table next to me had ordered a mixed plate for two people. It looked absolutely delicious.

First the waiter came with a basket of both soft and hard Arabian bread in a beaded basket. When the different dishes were placed in front of me I almost fainted. They were not small and were much larger than a normal starter (as the waiter had described them). It was 19 chicken wings and 8 falafals.

Times of Arabia is not a cheap restaurant. Particularly not if you would like wine, champagne or stronger liqor with your meal. Wine costs from 45 Dhs pr glass to 600 Drs for the most expensive bottle. A Jack Daniels was 68 Dhs ($18,50). Or you could treat yourself to a bottle of Dom Perignon Rose. It would only cost you 5600 Dhs ($1517).

Unfortunately I could not finish half of what I ordered. The food was so good I wish I had had an extra stomach. I can highly recommend Times of Arabia if you are looking for great Lebanese cuisine.
Outdoor dinning
sarahsan says:
Yes Harriet, it was lovely!

Nelieta, I´m so glad that my review got the message through and thanks for your kind comments!
Tinktinkie says:
Nice review Sarah and I love your photos. The food looks divine and I understand why you were attracted to the restaurant. I can almost feel the atmosphere by looking at your photos. Thank you for sharing!
Africancrab says:
Lovely, I should love to have some Lebanese, we do not have many out here in AZ

Check Dubai Hotel Deals