Time Pizza

(514) 767-2323

Time Pizza Verdun Reviews

da1jonty da1jonty
Cheap fast food just outside of downtown Montreal Nov 05, 2011
My first time at a cheap fast food joint in Montreal wasn't in Montreal... it was in a neighbouring area named Verdun.

What I liked is that being in Verdun, its not generally frequented by tourists - except for adventurous types like me. So that was the case when I popped into this place as I was feeling hungry whilst walking around looking for a Halloween costume to buy in the area.

Being a franchise chain, their menu was a bright red designed pamphlet, with a LOT of menu options. In fact it took me the longest time to go through the menu and ended up looking like the touristy adventurer that I was (as I couldn't read French)...

Anyway, I'm the sort of person who wants to try stuff that's unique/local/regional to whatever eatery I'm at and the region its in, so I gravitated towards Quebecois food - the poutine. And there's several variants of poutine, ranging from italienne (tomato sauce), chicken, Quebecoise (bacon and/or sausage bits). I just went for the standard, classic poutine, the petite size - grande seemed way too big for me to finish alone.

The poutine came in a styrofoam cup some 5-7 minutes later, something I normally don't want hot food to be placed in, so I decided to not let any time waste and just eat the stuff as quickly as I can. Unlike my previous poutine experience (which had mozzarella cheese!), this had cheese curds in it, but it was finely sliced little chunks, so not the traditional image of huge and irregularly shaped chunks. The cheesiness was fainly noticeable, but the gravy sauce kind overpowered the cheese.

So overall, it was filling and it was "OK" from my point of view, not fantastic but not terrible.

I subsequently tried poutine at the famous La Banquise the next day - I'll write up the review for this soon if people are interested :-)

Summary: if you're in the Verdun area, or anywhere that happens to have a Time Pizza branch, its not the worst place to get poutine.

Compare Montreal Hotel Rates (5.7km away)

Time Pizza Map