Timber Cove Inn Jenner

Timber Cove Inn Jenner Rates and Deals

Timber Cove Inn Jenner Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
A Seaside Inn that is a Must See! Oct 27, 2014
It was late when I stopped at The Timber Cove Inn in Jenner. It was also really dark out and I couldn't clearly see the building. At that point, though, I was considering sleeping in my car, so anything would do. It was a long day of driving so I just wanted to take a shower and get some sleep. So I could get up the next morning and do it again!

The front desk clerk was really nice. I told her to just give me the cheapest room they had. She told me the lowest she could do was $125. I said, "Sign me in!" Considering the bug infested hotel I had just checked in and then checked right back out of earlier in the night…how bad could this one be?

I went back out to the parking lot to get my bags. I'm fairly certain that on the way I saw a fox, but again, it was dark and I was tired so it was more than likely just a raccoon. I'm fairly certain that earlier in the night I had seen a sign regarding fox activity in the area, though.

Once I was in my room I started to get the impression that this would be the first of many hotels in the next couple of weeks in which I would be reminded of the 80's. But for some reason it worked in this place. The room's decpr was most certainly out of date but it made me think of a seaside lodge where at one time it was pretty "snazzy" and celebrities had weekend getaway affairs here.

When I woke up the next morning and went down to the restaurant and actually looked around I realized that this place was much nicer than I had originally thought. There was a warm and inviting common area with a gigantic fireplace, comfortable furniture, and a fully stocked bar. On the other side was a restaurant with a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean.

For breakfast I had an omelette with spinach, bacon, sour cream, and cheese. It was really delicious. The waitress was very friendly and the food preparation was fast.

After breakfast I went outside to take a look around. That's when it fully became apparent how great this place really was. The view is tremendous. I took numerous pictures so that you can see for yourself.

This would be considered a total "hipster hotel" in Florida. My room might have looked retro but it was still modernized enough to make it enjoyable.

Since I have been back home, I looked up the hotel's website. The pictures they show look way more modern than what I experienced. When I checked in, though, I told her I didn't care what it was. I just wanted a room. Not disappointed at all, though. My room was closer to the front entrance and wasn't a suite. You get what you pay for, right? It was fine for me but I am curious now to see one of the more updated suites.

The only negative that I would comment on is that the bathrooms are kind of tight. One person is ok but you'd be hard pressed to get two in there. At least in the room I had.

Free wifi and parking. View is priceless.
hanleyscot says:
You do have a point there! haha!
Posted on: Dec 01, 2014
trippin_jen says:
Lol, bathrooms are meant for one at a time.. LOL!
Posted on: Nov 30, 2014

Timber Cove Inn Jenner Overview

Location
Situated on the rugged Sonoma Coast of California, this hotel is perched on a cliff that overlooks the Pacific Ocean. It is conveniently situated close to Muir Woods, Point Reyes National Seashore, Fort Ross and the spectacular Sonoma Coast, that is surrounded by world-famous wineries. The centre of Timber Cove is around 1 minute's drive away. Sonoma Coast State Beach is less than half an hour's drive away. Salt Point State Park is around 5 minutes' drive away, and Fort Ross State Hist
Facilities
At this hotel, rustic charm combines with useful amenities and stunning views. From ultimate comfort in the rooms to inspiring views on the deck, guests are sure to be entranced by the splendour of Sonoma and to leave with definite intentions to return. Facilities at the hotel include a lobby, newspaper stand, bar/lounge, restaurant and Internet access.
Rooms
Featuring ocean views and spacious rooms, this hotel provides 40 rooms with breathtaking ocean views and 10 forest view rooms. The other rooms surround a serene Japanese garden. Most rooms come with private hot tubs and fireplaces. All rooms have been renovated and feature a flat-screen TV with satellite/cable channels, wireless Internet access, robes and new bedding. The fireplace provides a cosy ambiance for a good book or romantic evening, while the sound of crashing waves offers rejuvenating solace, and in-room amenities grant comfort and relaxation so guests can spend the entirety of the stay without need for anything more. An en suite bathroom, king-size bed, and tea and coffee making facilities complete the facilities on offer.
Meals
The hotel has a restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel also has a piano bar with a relaxing atmosphere.
How to get there
From Santa Rosa Airport (STS): Head south on Airport Boulevard, turn right to stay on Airport Boulevard. Take the 2nd right onto N Laughlin Road. Turn right at River Road. Slight right at CA-1 N/Coast Highway. The hotel is on the left.

Timber Cove Inn Amenities

• TV
  • Shops
  • Wine Tasting
  • Full-service catering
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes