Tigerlily

Tigerlily Rates and Deals

Tigerlily Edinburgh Reviews

lilschmo lilschmo
Beautiful City Weekend Getaway Feb 13, 2010
I found and booked it via hotels.com

The hotel is located on Princess street which so happens to be the perfect location for pretty much everything, unless like us you miss the turning and have to navigate the one way system round Edinburgh...3 times!(I blame the roadworks confusing everything).

Walked through the door straight into a very trendy little cocktail bar, was tempted to have one right then, but the bags were heavy! I have to admit though, had the bar been a little bit busier it would have been very awkward for us to reach the reception area, so be wary if arriving during the after work rush of trendy 20-30 somethings.

The staff at the desk were extremely helpful, and (unintentionally) upgraded our room. Be warned though, if you book for bed and breakfast, make sure to confirm it with them as there seemed to be some confusion surrounding what I had booked and with whom.

The rooms are something else! I don't know about the others, but we stayed in the georgian suit and would definately recommend it. We walked in to a crackling fire below a flat screen t.v. opposite a very large bed! The bed turned out to be two pushed together, but the sheets and duvets nicely covered that up and made for a comfortable sleep. I wanted to steal the pillows, but they charge you for things like that. Bathrobes and (very large) slippers are provided for each person. Although a nice touch, the robes aren't as soft and fluffy as you'd expect from a place like that. I guess am being picky now though..

The hotel has a beautiful restaurant which although is a little bit pricey, is phenominal! Without intending to, we had the full 3 courses and would have done it all again were we not full to bursting! As well as a restaurant and two beautiful cocktail bars the hotel also boasts a nightclub in the basement. I never got to sample it but i will next time I'm in Edinburgh. Surprisingly enough, we were not distrubed by the nightclub, had i not read about it, I would never have know it was there. However, that could just be that were were on opposite sides of the building.

I'm rambling a little now, so to cut a long review short, I would recommend Tigerlilly to young couples wanting a romantic getaway or young trendy things wanting something a bit classier than your average chain restaurant.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me, would be glad to help!!!

Tigerlily Overview

Stylish. Contemporary. Indulgent. Just a few words that sum up Tigerlily, a luxurious boutique hotel in the heart of Edinburgh's city centre. Located in the heart of the city and in the most fashionable district for shopping and dining make Tigerlily your perfect base for a leisurely Edinburgh break. A 33 bedroom, 4 star hotel with a 5-star ethos, you can expect impeccable service throughout your stay, not to mention some of the most exquisite rooms the city has to offer with pre-loaded ipods, flat screen TVs, king size beds, luxury cotton and White Company toiletries as standard. GHDs, salon quality hairdryers, DVD players, bathrobes, slippers, complimentary tea, coffee, water, biscuits and fruit are provided in all rooms, Guestrooms provide direct dial telephones, safes, minibars, air conditioning and complimentary wifi. In addition, a turndown service is offered nightly, housekeeping is available, and amenities available on request include wake-up calls and a complimentary newspaper. Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel. Aside from gorgeous hotel rooms, Tigerlily is renowned as one of the best party hosts in the city with a popular cocktail bar. For those who want to continue their night all guests receive complimentary entry in to the decadent boutique nightclub 'Lulu'. Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel.

Tigerlily Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Full-service catering
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes