Tiger Temple

Tiger Temple - Feeding the baby tigers.
Tiger Temple - Feeding the baby tigers.
Tiger Temple - Feeding time
Tiger Temple - Going for a walk
Tiger Temple - Bath time
Tiger Temple - Belly rub
Tiger Temple - Playing in the enclosure

Tiger Temple Reviews

medinaelrey medinael…
Best Day in Thailand Jun 03, 2011
By far the best day I had in Thailand was at the Tiger Temple which is located in Kanchanaburi. It was rather expensive ($300 dollars)but well worth the money. I went by myself so the price was more expensive, the more people you have in your group the cheaper it is.

There are several programs to choose from and I chose the Breakfast with Monks. I was picked up at my hotel in Bangkok around 5 a.m. When I arrived at the temple about two hours later I was able to eat breakfast with the Monks. After that there is a chance to feed the baby tigers bottles of milk.

I was able to walk the tigers and actually play with them in the enclosure. They staff put balloons on the ends of long sticks and the tigers would run and jump in the air swatting at them.

After this you are allowed to give the tigers their daily baths and wash them clean. Hand feeding the tigers chicken was the scariest part of the day but very fun too.

There are several options to do after the Tiger Temple, I chose a trip to the River Kwai and some elephant trekking, which was included in the price.

It is best to make reservations in advance as they only let a small group do this tour everyday. There are cheaper tours but you do not get the same type of interaction with the tigers.
Feeding the baby tigers.
Going for a walk
Playing in the enclosure
Bath time
Freelancer1983 Freelanc…
Tiger Temple Jun 09, 2011
The tiger temple is not so big and in a few hours you have seen it all but you will have amazing pictures of the tigers and also together on it. I did this one day tour in combination with the floating market and the bridge over the river Kwai. just look out with toughing a tiger. I saw a tiger puppy licking on a woman so she looks friendly but when i want be on the picture with the tiger she was not so happy, lucky she missed with her paw. So always be careful with animals they stay wild.
singha2011 singha20…
Approaching wild animals Apr 26, 2011
The Tiger Temple is a must visit for every traveler, who likes tigers. Eventhough the animals should have been treated better than they are treated in this temple, it is a great expirience to approach and even touch a grown up tiger.
Thailand Map