Tiger Temple and Tiger Cave

Krabi, Thailand

Tiger Temple and Tiger Cave Krabi Reviews

Pali Pali
Straight to the TOP Dec 01, 2013
I always like a good challenge and climbing up 1273 stairs seemed like a good one. I'm not going to bore you with my story instead ill just cut straight to the advice. First off make sure you have some water on you. Second, comfortable shoes with a good grip. Thirdly, wear sporting cloth i.e.( something to keep you cool and dry and at the same time flexible and light ... so not jeans). I don't think taking kids or elderly is a good idea as the steep stairs can be a bit much for them. One last recommendation is go early to avoid the traffic and the heat. This cannot be done in the evening or night time since there are no lights on the stairs. Like everything difficult, it is worth it ... the view from the top is stunning and you will feel good about making it to the top. Enjoy yourself :)
becks3 becks3
Quality tiger temple, however you get there! Aug 06, 2011
The temples at the base are colourful and stunning and lots to find out by talking to the monks, which is an experience in itself! The view point and top temple is 1237 steps up, hot and sweaty if you go fast or slow! :) Thais were high fiving me as we passed on the stairs! I enjoyed the exercise but even if you don't the view and sights above are definitely worth the pain :) on the way down I sore loads of monkeys, playing and drinking yakult! I loved every second and would definitely recommend it to anyone :)
bon_phuket says:
Real tigers can be touched, hugged, kissed and photographed at Tiger Kingdom in Phuket.

Bon
Posted on: Dec 01, 2013
becks3 says:
Nothe tigers were moved out many years ago.. I think that's tiger kingdom or summit similar. Not been there, as not sure whether to go. Sounds like the tigers are heavily sedated and not so well looked after.. Butthats what iv heard. Apparently one place is ok and the other is not.. Think it's kingdom that isn't so bad..
Posted on: Aug 11, 2011
michelelbrink says:
hey Becky, I am going next month to Krabi and was wondering because I was planning to go to the Tiger temple in Northern Thailand is this also where you can see the real tigers or is it just a name of a temple/

greetz Michel
Posted on: Aug 07, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Tiger Temple and Tiger Cave

Tiger Cave Temple - Hot Spring- Emerald Pool
My 4th day in Krabi, today we planned to join the Hot Spring tour. The itinerary sounds interesting, the tour inclusive Tiger cave, Emerald Pool and Hot Spring. Tiger Cave Temple was 3km away from Kr…Krabi, today we planned to join the Hot Spring tour. The itinerary sounds interesting, the tour inclusive Tiger cave, Emerald Pool and Hot Spring. Tiger Cave Temple
Tiger Temple
On Saturday we visited Wat Tham Seua or the 'Tiger Cave Temple' 5km from Krabi town centre - this is a famous meditation centre where around 250 monks and nuns live.  A staircase leads all …Tiger Cave Temple' 5km from Krabi town centre - this is a famous meditation centre where around 250 monks and nuns…
Touring the 'Hood
Yesterday James and I agreed to meet early, to get a jump-start on the day.  As I’ve come to associate with life in southeast Asia, the terms “early” and “jump-start” are relative.&nbs…Krabi, to the Tiger Cave Temple.  The temple is perched at the top of one of the karst…

Check Krabi Hotel Deals