Tiger Sushi II

2841 Lyndale Avenue South, Bloomington, MN, USA

Tiger Sushi II Bloomington Reviews

pinchora pinchora
cutest little restaurant you'd ever seen! Jul 15, 2008
Since I've moved to minnesota I've wanted to go to Tiger Sushi in the Mall of America (MOA)---it always looked so cute as it sat hovering above the first floor. Seriously... it's in the middle of the walk way on the second floor and it's a circle... it's really cool and you should check it out!

But I'm not writing the blog because of the design of the building (even though building designs will make me want to go to a place...even if it is crappy)... I'm writing about the experience.

So I was at the mall by myself and I was trying to find somewhere that would be satisfying, had a bar so I wouldn't be the loser at the table alone, and the food wasn't something crappy from the fast food food court! I was thinking sushi sounded good and since i was in the Mall of America and they have everything there I was in luck!

I walked up to the main entrance and there were 3 people in line in front of me to be seated. the first 2 people got seated together and the guy in front of me said he was alone...good now I don't feel like such a tool. So I tell the host that it's just me and he seats me at the bar...where it's filled with a lot of other people eating by themselves... the host sat us every other seat so we could all have our own space (sort of like a mens urinal area). Then on the outside of the the bar area are about a dozen tall bar like tables. Inside the bar is where the sushi chef makes the rolls!

I immediately got my water and ordered a crunchy roll...which was more money than I wanted to spend but looked oh so delicious so I decided to splurge!

The way the roll was displayed it looked very artistic... it was over a pool of unagi sauce and there was a shrimp tail in each end. The atmosphere was nice and the host and waiters seemed to feel the urgency of their customers by taking their time with those who just wanted to sit and chat and hurry it up for those who wanted to get in and go on their way.

The other cool thing about the Tiger Sushi is that there is a take out window for if you don't want to go in and sit down... I dunno why there's a take out window except for if you want to eat the sushi while you walk...or maybe you want to take it home with you when you leave. because believe me I would not make a special stop to the 2nd floor of this massive mall to get some sushi...even though it was delicious!
CRUNCHY ROLL filled with Shrimp Te…

Check Bloomington Hotel Deals